BBL Revision - Am I Fighting My Body Type? - Manhattan, NY

I have to be honest: This surgery has changed my...

To first read part 1 of my BBL journey, please click here.

I have to be honest: This surgery has changed my life.

Prior to my initial BBL surgery on May 7, 2012, the best way to describe my appearance was "cute." I just wasn't the girl that people stare at when I'm crossing the street. I never thought anyone would consider me attractive based on my body. My tummy has always been big, even when my legs were like twigs growing up and I had a huge pot belly. As I grew older, the rest of my body didn't grow into my big tummy, my tummy just kept getting larger.

As a small girl 5'3, a big tummy stands out--and not in a good way. By the time my teenage years hit, I just kept getting larger and larger, until I was 170 pounds at my largest. I have no idea how I became so big! I'd never worked out in my life, and between working full time and going to college full time, I never made time to work out.

At my largest, my now ex-husband would make fun of my size and would occasionally tease me for looking pregnant. He thought it would encourage me to workout, and it did encourage me to work out, but it also encouraged me to find a way to live without his pessimism.

At the beginning of last year, I divorced him and started to think about who I really wanted to be. I lost about 65 pounds, and at my lightest, I was a terrifying 104-105 pounds! I couldn't even recognize myself, and while I liked being tiny, my true shape came out--I was pretty boxy, but I wanted to be more feminine.

I started to Google inspirational images of very feminine women and I noticed one thing they all had in common was an hour glass shape. Somehow during that research, I came across Realself and saw the image that I considered to be ideal. After a few clicks, I noticed there was a procedure called the "Brazilian Butt Lift" -- I don't know about y'all, but I about crapped my pants knowing that surgery could achieve the look that I wanted!

I decided to shop around and I visited a few doctors in Manhattan. I considered traveling, but while price was a concern for me, I wasn't convinced that saving money would justify the risks I may be taking with a doctor outside of my home state.

Picking Dr. Schulman was so easy after my initial consultation. When I say no pressure, this man truly puts no pressure on his patients. His consultations are free, he is attentive to your concerns and he knows exactly what he's doing.

I was able to schedule my BBL for 2 months after my initial consultation and that's when my whirlwind adventure began! I became obsessed with the images I saw on Realself! I must have had 20 wish pics!!

The same reason that led me to my initial BBL is leading me to my revision: I want to have the ultimate feminine body.

I believe during my initial BBL, Dr. Schulman had to spend a lot of time sculpting shape that wasn't there already, but now that I have a better foundational shape from the initial surgery, my shape will only get better. I think Dr. Schulman had to do a lot of work to get me where I am now. My body seems small, but he took out 11 pounds of fat! O_O

While I'm still shapely, I want perfection--or at least something close. For those of you who followed my previous review, you recall that my butt wouldn't take much more fat that 250ccs because my skin is very taught. Now that I've had an initial BBL, my butt will be able to take more fat and I can't wait!

I'm also concerned that during recovery, I didn't get back to working out quickly enough. Now that I have workout equipment in my apartment that I use daily, I'm not worried about putting on fat in the same places. I also didn't have the right garment sizes during my healing because I was negligent in ordering the right sizes when my initial sizes became loose, but I have made all the necessary waist shaper/faja purchases, and I know I'll be able to maintain my new shape--trust me the right faja is very important.

In short, I'm going for an even better me. I'm a little nervous that maybe my body is just not meant to be a stunner, but I refuse to give up before I try. Maybe I'm fighting my body type, but so what? I'm fighting my way to hotness, and nobody can stop me! ;)

New York Plastic Surgeon

The best record and experience in my opinion. I can't wait to see how we tackle the revision Dr. S!

Bbldollie please reply we all are waiting for you..! we would like to know what happend.! Hope you are doing good..!
Thank you so much for your Round 2 review. Your first review was one of my main inspirations for getting my BBL this past November. Now this review is making me contemplate a Round 2 ;) I sooo relate to what you said about the 'boxy' look. No matter how much weight I would lose, I never had a waist because my stomach was so disproportional to the rest of my body. But like you said, Dr. S provides a great foundation in shaping. I wish you the best of luck in Round 2! I am sure you will have the body of your dreams :)
Round 2 right around the corner :)))
Hey girlie! Only a couple weeks away! How are you hun?
I'm telling you, getting that fat back there can be addictive! Lol, more booty, more booty, more booty♥ I love it!
As you probably figured out by now (lol), I am Beyond Happy to have you back sis! Loved your very open, heartfelt review/update
I'm excited for you for round 2. Your part 1 review was really helpful. Dr S did an awesome job. Now that you know exactly what to expect, I'm sure recovery will go a bit smoother. I'll be following your journey. Happy holidays:-)
Ur welcome hun n hppy holidays keep us posted
Good luck on your revision but u look great! Happy holidays your n greeattt hands!
Thank you, sexee! I'm excited, and glad for this prep time that I have for my revision. Happy holidays to you and yours!!
Uw luv! Sorry my phn has selective memory delete great hands ..
I wish the best on your revision. And I must say thank you sooo much for such much details ! I had so many questions that tou answered with your first review ! Good luck :-)
Thank you heidyev!! I'm glad my review has helped you. I know it was cathartic for me to write it because as I was in recovery, I needed to let out my frustrations and share my joys. RS has been a blessing to me, and I wanted to bless others by being a resource. So glad that I did!! :) I hope you enjoy my revision review too :D
What garment did u get for your upcoming surgery
I'll make a post about my fajas, but this is one of the fajas that I plan to use: "Fajas Disenos D'Prada Knee-Length, Topless Body Garment" in an XS, and I plan to purchase a small and a 2xs. My previous surgery I had a medium first stage Marena that became loose in the first two weeks, and a small Marena second stage that became loose almost instantly, and another small first stage Marena that became loose a few weeks after I started using it. My body responds very quickly to garments/surgery, and I needed to keep up with it by using increasingly fitted garments.I hope this helps, Booshiebabe!
Glad I came across your blog. I like your "realism"(is that even a word? Lol Oh well if it it wasn't, it is now! So run tell that). Anyway, I think the idea of having revisions done are always in order. Our doctors aren't Gods, so there is only so much that can be accomplished during a session. I'm just hoping I don't become obsessed. You know, laying up on some doctors operating table every time I get the chance! Dr. Schulman does wonderful work! He also hooked up our girl booty4real.
Lmao! My poop story is probably as "real" as it gets on here, but I can remember the feeling like it was yesterday :) You are so right. Sometimes I see where we start and what we expect our doctors to do and I shake my head. I hope I don't get obsessed either. And I've set a goal regarding specific areas of my body: back fat off, inner thighs leaned out, abs and arms strengthened. These are workout goals, and they will be enhanced through surgery. I also believe Dr. Schulman is not hungry for money and really cares about being a professional. Before agreeing to do a revision, he had me show him the areas I want redone, and he agreed himself that these are areas where he can find a lot of fat to harvest or remove. I'm definitely going to keep in mind that the best way to maintain my body is by working out so surgery doesn't become a crutch. Thank you for the love, MzPhatBooty! :)
Welcome n u look good hun keep it up
Thank you, MizBeautiful!! :)
U look great now n good luck on ur revision :-*
Thank you, bklynbeauty! I'm praying this second journey will get me to the shape I've been chasing lol. I'm better than I imagined, honestly, but now I just have a higher goal lol :)
I think your derrière looks amazing. But I totally get wanting more. The saying the more the merrier is a good mantra IMO when it comes to cakes. Keep us posted - you're an inspiration =)
And glad you released your ex hubby. Emotional abuse is not sexy and I'm so proud of you for not putting up w/that. I'm sure he wishes he kept that pie-hole of his shut now. He missed out on someone special who has a banging body.
I will keep you posted, Msis!! I do love how I look now, but I can't wait to see how great I can REALLY look ;) Lawd, I said I wouldn't have booty greed, but I think I may have caught the bug a little lol! You know we don't spend enough time talking about emotional abuse. Some men/women spend so much time breaking people down, but people cover it up by calling their victims "naive" or too "sweet" or "weak". I'm glad I had supportive people around me who really built me up when this man tried to tear me down. I've been delivered truly! :)
Yessss thank and praise the Lord for your deliverance from him! Every good woman deserves to share her life with a man who honors, respect, and cherishes her. Sure we all have body flaws, but a real man who cares will never taunt and tease you about something you were obviously sensitive about. Shit, that just adds to your insecurity and lowers /erodes your confidence. When his ass sees you next time make sure you give him that gone in the wind fabulous runway strut and a twirl! Loser, he just lost one!