Is 19 Too Young for Liposuction on Thighs?

I am 19 years old and i've already lost a ton of weight. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 135 lbs. The problem i am having is that no matter what all my life i've had large thighs, hips, and butt, which have all been hereditary from family regardless how much i work out, plus i come from a family that is obsessed on eating healthy. I have been seriously considering liposuction in order to shape the areas but my mom thinks i'm too young, i want a professional opinion to see if its worth it.

Is 19 too young for lipo?

+1

Your body is mature at 19, hence, you are not too young. If you have a problem with your thighs than you should see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Age in itself not the issue

+1

Age in itself is not the most critical factor. If one is a suitable candidate for the procedure with well localized areas of lipodystrophy and good skin tone,not obese, in good health, and with reasonable and realistic expectations, the procedure should be able to be done in an emotionally mature 19 year old patient by a fully qualified surgeon.

James C. Pietraszek, MD

Liposuction at age 19

+1

You can have liposuction at 19 however you are younger than the average person.  You have already lost weight with diet and exercise and  you should reach your target weight and and shape before considering liposuction.  It is a helpful tool to augment ones shape but not the entire answer.  Once you have hit your target weight you should get several consultations.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

19 is NOT too young for liposuction in a good candidate.

+1

Age 19 is fine to do liposuction in a healthy patient who has large thighs, butt and hips. It can change a person's life dramatically and help build self confidence. Expect to pay at least $5-6000 on special and you will need to continue to diet and exercise. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Age and lIposuction

+1

You are not too young to have liposuction at 19 as long as your goals for the liposuction are appropriate.  Liposuction can improve your contour significantly, however it is not the appropriate choice if weight loss is your goal.  You should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns and desires.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

19 year old and liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and congratulations for losing weight. Your age is not the only determining factor here. If your weight is stable and there are resistant fat areas that are not responding to diet and exercise then liposuction is the procedure of choice. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to address your concerns. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD