Silicone Gel and Needle Prick

I have new silicone Gel implants.  While doing a yard work I accidently pocked my breast with a needle, can it rupture my imp

Needle prick into chest with implants

+1

A strange needle piercing of your chest could possibly deflate your implant but withotut knowing the depth or location it would be hard to say without an evaluation.

Did accidental needle puncture injure my breast implant

+1

It is difficult to give you any guidance without knowing the depth of penetration and the location of the injury.

Possible Self-Induced Implant Deflation

+1

"While doing a yard work I accidently pocked my breast with a needle, can it rupture my imp"

The likelihood of implant puncture would depend WHERE on the breast the pricking took place. While in some parts of the breast it may take pushing the needle all the way in and some, along the side and bottom of the breast, where the implant is under the surface, the implant is much more vulnerable. The best one to judge would be your Plastic surgeon.

Be aware that the only high yield diagnostic tool for gel breast implant leaking is a MRI which is very expensive. Moreover, both Mentor and Allergan , the biggest breast manufacturers in the US, will NOT give you free breast implants if their examination of the implants shows any punctures instead of wear and tear.