What Size Breast Implants Will Look Natural, 5'4", 105lbs?

I am 5' 4" and 105 lbs. my ribcage is 28" around.  I am an A cup looking to go to full B or C. would like silicone what size will give me natural look? have consulted with surgeon but curious to get other opnions. I used to be a B cup, but lost some weight- about 10 lbs (thus making me an A, and had baby. I have lost fullness above nipple) want to have a little increase over previous size without looking too obvious. (previously wore padded bra b cup)

What size breast implants will look natural - 5'4", 105#

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Given your description and wishes, a small implant may be the right one for you. The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast. Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you. Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires. Consideration for the gummy bear implant is also a thought. Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.

Consult with a surgeon who will discuss the various options, implants, incision location, implant placement, etc. it is difficult to give you recommendations without an examination and measurements. Good luck and best wishes for a terrific result!

Breast implant size

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast implants for a natural look

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 350 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

My guess is that you are going to select an implant in the 350-420cc range, but that is only a guess.  You need to decide on the size in consultation with a board-cerified plastic surgeon by trying on the implants.  Make certain that the implant you chose is no larger in diameter than the base of your breast.

John Whitt, MD

How to pick shape and size of breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  If you scroll to the bottom of my RealSelf profile, you will find a detailed article on this topic.

2)  Your plastic surgeon needs to understand exactly what you want to look like.  Then it's his or her job to pick the right implants.  Very technical.  It's part of what you are paying for.

3)  I would guess 250 cc's, but this is just a guess.  During surgery, we use sterile disposable sizers inside your breasts to see which implant size really looks best.  Only then we open the permanent implants.  No guess work.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast augmentation

+1

Without a formal exam it is very difficult to "size up" someone for implants. In a way it is like measuring someone for a dress.

Achieving natural looking breasts

+1

Smooth, round, silicone implants give a very natural look and they feel very natural as well.  This is especially true for women with very little breast tissue to begin with ('A' cup.)  To obtain a 'B' or 'C' cup, you may need about 250-375cc as it's hard to tell without seeing you.  Also, to get a better idea of the size you may like, place samples of implants in your bra.  Bringing in photos of breasts that you like is also a good way to let your plastic surgeon know what size implants you want.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

VIDEO: Natural looking breast implants with augmentation

+1

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR DISCUSSION OF NATURAL! What you see on the cover of national geographic is natural. Be careful what you ask for. Natural is not having a full breast following pregnancy. I assume you want a breast that has abnormal fullness without having an obviously implanted breast appearance. There is no magic formula. It depends on what YOU think is natural as well as the anatomic limitations of your breast.