How Much Does Xeomin Cost?

Can you give me a rough idea of what a person should expect to pay for Xeomin? If it is charged per unit, are the units similar to Botox, or more similar to Dysport? What would be the expected cost to treat the usual areas such as 11's, forehead, and crows feet? I know there isn't one clear cut answer, but any insight you can provide would be appreciated.

Xeomin Cost

+3

As you may be aware, Xeomin (incobotulinumtoxin A) was blocked from being sold for cosmetic purposes in the United States by a court injunction for about a year (it was still available for functional purposes).  In my experience, the dosing is about a 1:1 ratio with Botox. Since the injunction was lifted, it is being sold once again by the Merz for aesthetic purposes.  The answer to cost will depend on the area in which you live, but the product costs the Doctor $425 for a 100 unit vial.  In my area, Xeomin will probably be offered it at $9-$10 per unit.  The dosing you receive will depend on you and your Doctor's preference. In my practice, I typically use 20 units for the glabella, another 20 units for the forehead, with similar dosing for the crow's feet

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin: Cost

+2

Botox was the paralytic for years and thus had a monopoly on the market.  Dysport came along and was a competitor.  Unfortunately, Dysport diffuses more and is more difficult to mix.  Now, Merz Pharmaceutical has brought Xeomin to the market.  Xeomin is another botulinum toxin very similar to Botox.  It's prepared the same and has the some pharmacokynetics (it acts the same) as Botox. However, because it is more reasonably priced we are able to sell it cheaper.  In Fairfax, VA we offer Xeomin at $9.00 per unit.  

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

The cost of Xeomin vs. Botox

+2

The cost for Xeomin should be fairly close to that of Botox and Dysport unless some doctors offer special introductory rates. I will meet with my representative tomorrow and will then find out whether we will be doing something like that. Whether we do it will depend on whether the company has any rebates or introductory offers. If you find specials, make sure that the injector is experienced and there is a special because the company is introducing a "deal" and not because they are learning and looking for patients . 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Xeomin costs

+2

The units for Xeomin are similar to Botox. We charge $10/unit. Costs varies per patient, typical for 11's 20 units, forehead 10-15 units, crows 15-25 units.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cost of Xeomin

+1
Hi Megan,

We are located in Minnesota and we charge $10 per unit, compared to Botox at $12.  They are mixed exactly the same.   The 11's usually use about 20 units, the forehead 15 and the crow's feet about 20-25.  These are only approximate without seeing your picture.  Best wishes with your injections. 

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin for facial wrinkles in Los Angeles

+1

The cost of Xeomin is roughly the same amount as Botox; and varies with the amount of units injected into the face. We have found Xeomin to be exceptional in our office. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How Much Does Xeomin Cost?

+1

A photo or an evaluation would be best to determine how strong your muscle movement is on the area. Cost of Xeomin varies from each practice/physician and can typically run anywhere from $9-11 each unit.  Seek a reputable medical provider who can provide you with the best result look you wish to achieve

How Much Does #Xeomin Cost?

+1

Xeomin is the latest addition to the cosmetic injectables that are used more and more widely.  The dosing is similar to that for Botox (1:1), whereas Dysport is approximately 3:1.  Prices vary widely so you'll need to check with a few different doctors in your area to get a sense of what the "going rate" is near you.  Price is obviously important but you should also be aware of exactly who the doctor is who will be performing the procedure.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Cost of Xeomin

+1

Since Xeomin is new to the market you may be able to get some introductory discounts in your area.  Overall the cost is likely to be the same or very close to Botox and Dysport for the same area of treatment.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin doesn't seem to last as long

+1

I have been injecting Xeomin for medical patients since it was first released in the United States. It does not last more than 8 weeks in the majority of patients. Now that it is available for cosmetic uses, you should pay less than you would for the same number of Botox units since it only lasts about 2/3 the time. It does seem to be helpful in cosmetic patients where Botox doesn't seem to work anymore. 

Kimberly Cockerham, MD, FACS
Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon