How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get Botox? I Had Xeomin in Early August Forehead Lines Already Returning? (photo)

Xeomin or Botox injections in Santa Monica

+1
Treatment with Xeomin or Botox can be resumed when the dynamic wrinkles begin to appear again.  It appears as though you are a candidate for Xeomin or Botox injections. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

How Long Do I Have to Wait to Get Botox? I Had Xeomin in Early August Forehead Lines Already Returning?

+1

If you're already having muscle movement to the area previously treated, you can absolutely re-inject more units of Xeomin or Botox. Seek a reputable physician who can give you a lasting result 

Best of luck 

Lines Already Returning after #Xeomin...when can I get #Botox?

+1

I'm surprised that the results have not lasted longer than you describe but, in general, it should be okay to add another, or more of the same, neuromodulator (Xeomin, Botox, Dysport).  I agree with others, though, that you should speak with your plastic surgeon and let him/her know what your experience was.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

When can Botox, Dysport, Xeomin injection be repeated

+1

Botox, Dysport, Xeomin typically lasts 3-6 months.  Studies have shown that for men and women who keep up regular injections, the interval between injections can slowly lengthen after 2 years as the injected muscles are deconditioned to a more relaxed state. Whenever the effect of the prior botulinum toxin starts to wear off, it would be okay to repeat Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin injection by a trained and experienced clinician injector.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment after prior Xeomin use

+1

Even though it's less than 3 months after your last Xeomin injection, most of the muscle activities have returned. I am not the dosage that you received but you should be able to have Botox injection now. I like to inject enough dosage to allow for at least 3 months of duration.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

+1

I am surprised that your movement has returned already following your Xeomin treatment. However, it is perfectly safe to have a Botox treatment at this point. However, you should let your injector know that you didn't receive as much benefit as your expected from the Xeomin. It could potentially be that you were undertreated in comparison to the dose of Botox that you have received previously. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon