How Long Does Xeomin Last?

I have heard some people say Xeomin lasts longer than Botox, and some say it doesn't last as long. I know it will vary from person to person, but how long is Xeomin expected to last, approximately?

Xeomin

+3

Different people respond differently to the various brands of botulinum toxin (Botox, Xeomin, Dysport, Myobloc).  In general, they all last about the same.  My recommendation is to try them out and see how you respond.  There is no toxin that last twice as long as the others.  If one lasts longer in you than another, it is a matter of days, not weeks or months longer.  So it really is not a consideration when choosing your injectable.

Good luck.

How Long Does Xeomin Last?

+2

Based on my experience, and as confirmed by the literature I've read, Xeomin is essentially interchangeable with the other neuromodulators in terms of effectiveness and duration of correction.  Dosaging is different (100 units of Botox = 100 of Xeomin = about 300 of Dysport) but assuming equivalence of dosage (and how fresh it is, etc) they are largely similar treatments.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Longevity of Xeomin

+2

For most people the results of Xeomin is about the same as other wrinkle reducers, and depends on the dosage and probably the genetics of the person, and exact placement of the product.

Of my 9 staff, only one found that Xeomin didn't last as well for her, when we all tried it when it first came on the market.

When it first came out, some of my patients thought it worked at their crows feet better than other toxins they had tried.  It hasn't been around for years yet, so as we all gain more experince with it, more answers and impressions may be available.

Smaller doses will last less long than a stronger dose, all else being equal.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Clinically, these two products behave the same.

+2

While there is really not good science to supprot this conclusion, some believe that the effect kicks in a little faster than BOTOX.  I am not sure I believe this.  However, on longevity, there is no clinical difference:  treatment lasts about 4 to 6 months.  

How Long Does Xeomin Last

+1
In my experience Xeomin lasts 3-4 months.  It is similar to Botox.  In some patients this varies and it can last between 3-6 months.  

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Xeomin lasts about the same as Botox

+1

There is not a significant difference in how long Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin last. It is about 3-6 months.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Xeomin to the face in Los Angeles

+1
In our experience, Xeomin has an equivalent longevity when compared to Botox. We often use the product when patients become more resistant to Botox injections. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

The evidence

+1

This is a topic that is certainly an area of debate, primarily in the professional cosmetic world. 

All the companies want their product to last the longest or at least be perceived that way, but whether there is a difference remains to be seen. 

I am currently working on a very large study right now to answer this question, or at least better understand it. So hopefully we will have an answer in the near future. But as others mentioned, right now all products appear to last about the same time if dosed properly. 

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Xeomin Last?

+1

Xeomin is known to last as long as Botox which is about 3-4 months. Seek an experienced reputable injector who can provide you the best result.

Xeomin Results

+1

Generally, all of the neuromodulators act in the same manner and results last about the same amount of time- 3 to 6 months. It is important to note, though, that each person responds differently to these injectable treatments and the length of time optimal results are seen will vary from one patient to the next.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon