I'm Worried About my Results. Smart Lipo 9 Days Ago?

I had smart lipo 9 days ago, w/suction. I had 650cc removed from full ab and flanks, and lasering done after suction. However, I have seen very little change as of yet. Sometimes I'm down 1" from my waist, sometimes only 0.5". I had a 31" waist before, weighed 150pounds, height 1.67m. wearing my compression garment day+night, taking arnica daily. Will I see a bigger change soon? What kind of change can I expect?

What to Expect 9 Days after SmartLipo.

+1

I would strongly advise you to wait at least 2 months or so for swelling to subside.  I perform over 600 liposuction procedures annually.  In my practice, I find swelling usually PEAKS at about 2 weeks in response to the surgery, so you are just about there.  Thereafter, the swelling slowly subsides.  Continue to compress as directed, take Arnica, watch your sodium intake, and drink lots of water.  All of these measures will greatly aid in your healing progress and final outcome.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Give your body time to heal

+1

Give your body time to heal and in a few weeks to months the Smart lipos results will be very apparent. Remember you are still swollen from the surgery and the swelling willreduce over the next several weeks.

Todd Ginestra, MD (in memoriam)
Clermont Plastic Surgeon

Give yourself time to heal

+1

Smartlipo results will take much longer than 9 days to see a difference. Be patient and eventually your body contouring results will be what you desire.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Normal Healing for Suture Line? 2 Weeks Post OP.

+1

From your height/weight I believe you should have had much more removed. But over the internet very hard to advise. Especially without a posted photo. 

Abdominal results after Laser Lipo

+1

You can expect to continue to shrink down a few more inches within the next few weeks and months.

continue wearing your compression garments as instructed by your surgeon

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op

+1

Laser assisted liposuction is a procedure that requires a lot of patience on your part. Measure your healing time in months not days or weeks. There is a lot of tissue trauma here.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

+1

Swelling will take weeks to months to resolve depending upon the amount that is liposuctioned.  Liposuction has the most variability in results of all plastic surgery procedures performed.  If you are unhappy in 3 to 6 months, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA