Will Radiesse Dissolve Faster if the Area is Massaged Frequently?

Radiesse was put across my upper lip (which I now know is not recommended). It has been 3 months. The line across my right upper lip is raised and looks unnatural. If I rub it will it go away faster or should I just leave it alone and wait?

Massage will help with lumps

+2

Massage will help break down lumps that has formed.  However, it will not break down the actual radiesse or allow your body to assimilate it any faster.

Manual manipulation to minimize length of Radiesse correction.

+2

Most products will break down faster under mechanical manipulation. Therefore, frequent gentle massage should theoretically reduce the longevity of the Radiesse.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Neat trick for Radiesse bumps

+2

Neatest trick I have learned to get rid of Radiesse bumps or lumps that might develop. Get yourself one of these vibrating toothbrushes. Have it massage the area where the bump is for a 5 minutes every few hours a day, especially when bored and watching TV. Within a few weeks the bump will get significantly smaller. It's a great trick especially with a material like Radiesse for which no "antidote" can dissolve it and which can solidify due to its calcium content and produce some quite noticeable and even painful bumps.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist

Massage will not reduce Radiesse

+1
The effect will dissipate over time and massage will not affect the molecular degeneration and absorption of the product. You will need some patience and perhaps a consultation with a good cosmetologist on tips to camouflage the area with which you are not pleased.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Radiesse and massage

+1
I have never injected Radiesse in the lip area and I am sorry that you have had this result and found out after the fact that it is not recommended for this region. I would recommend Juvederm or Restylane as the only fillers for this region. With this said I will tell you that time will help the Radiesse dissipate. I would just leave it alone and you should see some improvement within the next six months to a year. I wish I had a better answer for But rest assured time is on your side!

Michael Elam, MD

Rubbing radiesse wont help

+1

Rubbing or massaging Radiesse will not help it dissolve more quickly. It is best to just leave it alone and let it dissipate on its own. It may take 9 months or so before you start to notice that it is going away. In some areas it will last up to 2 years, but with most fillers, they do not last as long in the lip due to constant movement.

Other fillers may be able to help camouflage the ridge or line that you are seeing.

And, for anyone else that might be reading this... do not use radiesse in the lips!

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon