Can I Get Radiesse Removed?

Does anyone know how long Radiesse last under eyes? 

The short answer is that Radiesse in any location will...

+3

The short answer is that Radiesse in any location will generally last about a year. Removal is quite difficult and would involve making some kind of incision to remove the underlying material.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get Radiesse Removed

+2

There is no solvent agent for Radiesse.  It usually last for about a year.   Sometimes it can be excised or aspirated in the early stages after injection but after that you are stuck with it until it is gone.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/radiesse.html

Radiesse Removed

+2

Unfortunately there is no specific dissolving agent or non surgical antidote for Radiesse. In some cases it can be partially removed surgically but is very difficult. It is best to wait the 12-18 months for it to dissolve itself.  If a local collagen response is noted then surgical excision is an option.

"Dr.D"

Web reference: http://www.capefearaesthetics.com/details/radiesse-17/

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

It lasts about a year or so...

+2

The bad news is there is no easy way to get it out without making a cut over the product and trying to extract it. The good news is that is slowly breaks down over time and eventually you will have less material there every month. You can do massage if you have lumps or bumps, this can help.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse cannot be dissolved

+2

Radiance / Radiesse is a filler much better suited for under thick skin folds and deep areas close to the bone than under the think skin of the lower lids or lid-cheek junction. The filler lasts well over a year and is made up of sea coral powder (calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) ) suspended in a sodium carboxymethylcellulose gel carrier.

Radiesse acts by causing a reactive scar formation (= the REAL meaning of the tame sounding "collagen formation"). Unlike HA fillers like Juvederm and Restylane which can be dissolved with an enzyme (Hyaluronidase), Radiesse cannot be dissolved. Instead, prominent nodules have to be cut to and allowed to be pulled out.

Radiesse will last between 1-2 years but may have lingering scar effects in the lower lid location.

Radiess is Not for the Tear Troughs

+2

Radiesse is described as a semi-permanent filler, meaning that it can last in the body for up to 7 years. It typically creates a cosmetic benefit in the nasolabial fold for 9-18 months (1 year average).

I can see that you have come to the conclusion that Radiesse is not a good idea in the tear troughs. Use of Radiesse in this area is off-label and should probably be considered a strict contraindication. There is a possibility that some of the Radiesse could be excised if it is very superficial.

I recommend a consultation with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon in your area to get an expert opinion

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Radiesse

+1

Radiesse can be removed! It lasts, under the eyes, a bit longer than in other areas. Unfortunately, removal isn't a simple project. It doesn't come out the same way it goes in, ie, via injection. See the practitioner who injected you and have a frank conversation about your concerns. 

Teaneck Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get Radiesse Removed

+1

Once Radiesse has settled in, it is almost impossible to remove without surgical excision.  In the early stages post injection, aspiration can be performed to remove some of the filler but after that it will disappear in about one year.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse can be reduced but not removed.

+1

Wydase may be used to help dissolve the carrier gel component of Radiesse.  This won't dissolve the core Radiesse product but it can decrease the volume of the product by 30%.

I like Radiesse a lot in certain places like the chin, the oral commisures, cheek bone area and nasolabial folds.  It's advantages are that it's thicker, stronger, and a more aggressive filler than the HA's.  At the same time, it has some added risks to be careful of. 

It's important to discuss the risks and benefits of the HA's vs. Radiesse with your provider to decide which filler is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/radiesse.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Radiesse after injection

+1

I've been told by the sales reps that Radiesse can be  aspirated out immediately after injection, but I haven't attempted this. I have removed it in the lower lid of a patient many months after it was injected and it was difficult.  For this reason, it is best injected by someone very experienced with the product and in an area where it is unlikely to show through the skin. 

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.