Will One Syringe of Restylane Plump Both Lips?

Restylane and Plumper Lips

+3

Thank you for your question.  Depending on the amount of fullness you desire in your lips, 1cc of Restylane should be enough to plump the upper and lower lip.  Occasionally, a .5-cc syringe is all that is needed to create a natural, fuller lip.

When meeting with your physician, you may want to bring in some photographs and view his/her patient before and after photographs together, so that you may visualize together your goals for your lips.

Best wishes on your treatment.

David C. Mabrie, M.D., FACS

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

One syringe of Restylane should be adequate for plumping upper and lower lips

+3

Typically, I use one full syringe of Restylane to plump both upper and lower lips. In some cases, if a patient wants very large lips, 2 syringes of Restylane is used.

It depends on how plump you want it

+2

This really depends on your desires.

Typically, I recommend no more than one syringe the first time.

You will be able to judge the volume of the correction at the completion of the injection:

• At this point, you will be slightly more swollen than your final result. If you complete one syringe and desire more, than by all means have more injected at that session while you are still numb.
  • If however you feel you are too large, relax, because it is slightly swollen and will likely reduce in size over the ensuing week.
  • If you do not like the look at all or the balance of the upper to lower lip, the volume can be adjusted or "undone" using hyaluronidase in an "off-label" indication.

Generally speaking, the lower lip is larger than the upper lip. However, many patients prefer a fuller upper lip. I therefore typically use 0.6 cc to the upper lip and 0.4cc to a lower lip using a 1.0cc syringe. I can easily adjust this to patient's desires or anatomy.

I hope this helps!

On syringe of Restylane will do for a moderate enhancement

+2

It all depends on how much improvement you need. One syringe is one cc, which is a very small amount. However, for a moderate enhancement, it could be sufficient.

Amount of Restylane for Lip Augmentation

+1

Depending on the amount of correction that you request, a 1.0 cc syringe of restylane should be sufficient. Consult with 2 - 3 experienced and expert injectors in your area to understand your options.

There is not a rule. Depends on each patient.

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on the amount of "definition and fullness" you want to achieve, 1cc of Restylane can be enough. Young people (<30) usually get great results with 1 dose of Restylane (1cc). But in >30 patients more than 1cc (av. 2cc) can be used. My advise is to schedule a first consultation with your plastic surgeon: he/she will guide you with the right decission. Not only the quantity is important (the volume) but the quality (hyaluronic acid gel filler type) is also very important. When we want to create a natural plumped lip with Restylane, I think that Restylane Lipp (Galderma-QMed / Medicis in USA) is the preferred option (only avalaible in Europe); in the Us, you can get your lips enhancement with Restylane-L.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for the lips

+1

In most cases one syringe of Restylane will give enough volume.  Everyone has different anatomy and aesthetic goals.  Best to bring in a photo or tow of what you might realistically want.  The lips are usually a bit swollen after injections and then settle in nicely. 

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/before-after/category/facial-filler

Start with 1 syringe, if you need more, add more!

+1
When injecting Restylane into the lips, I always like to start with 1 syringe.  Follow up should be done in about 2 weeks and if the patient requests more volume it can be topped up at that time. 
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Amount of Restylane to lips

+1

Usually only 1cc of Restylane (one syringe) is needed for the upper and lower lips depending on the look that a patient wants. You will have a few days of swelling and possible bruising.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Yes. One syringe is usually adequate for lip augmentation

+1

Of course, everyone is different but usually one syringe of Restylane or Juvederm is usually adequate to do a beautiful upper and lower lip augmentation.   The goal is always to produce an attractive enhancement of the lips that looks  and feels natural.  With lips, less is always better than more.  Make sure that you and your physician have a perfect understanding of what you are looking for.

I hope I was helpful. 

Austin Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.