Buying Restylane Online and Injecting Yourself?

Hello, Can and should i buy restylane injections online and is it safe to inject yourself with instructed safety percautions

Restylane is a prescription product and must be done by a medical professional

+5

Restylane and all dermal fillers like it (anything that is injected through the skin for that matter) are prescription products that legally can only be sold on order of a prescibing physician. So if you are not a doctor and are able to purchase Restylane online, someone is breaking the law. Either the product isn't really Restylane (this is quite likely) or someone is breaking the rules by selling it. More importantly, good results with dermal fillers require experience, training, sterile technique, and the ability to manage any potential complications. This is not a do it yourself product!

Self-injecting Restylane is a terrible idea

+4

I was recently interviewed by a major newspaper to discuss patients that have attempted this and come to me with a myriad of problems.

This is a very bad idea for multiple reasons including not knowing what you're getting (you need a licence to purchase FDA approved injectables in the US), not being trained, not being able to properly anesthetize yourself during the procedure with local anesthesia.

There are a long list of reasons this is a terrible idea.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Under no circumstances should you do this

+4

This would be the most unadvisable thing to do.  You can't even actually be thinking of doing this???? 

Restylane should be purchased and administered by a properly trained physicain and their staff - ONLY!!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Restylane - Buying Restylane Online and Injecting Yourself?

+3

This sounds like an awful idea.  First of all, you cannot be sure what product you're even getting - regardless of the labeling or packaging.  The stringent requirements of the American industry help protect both consumers and doctors.  Secondly, how would you even do that?  It would be awkward, it would hurt, you don't have the experience (I imagine!).  I can think of nothing about this that would be recommended.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

PLEASE DO NOT!

+3

NO! Don’t do it! And this is not a dare! The risk is too great.  There is a lot to know about facial anatomy before just injecting something into your skin. Additionally, when you buy online and not directly from the licensed U.S. distributor, you run the risk of getting counterfeit or even contaminated product.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Self-Treating Restyalne - Bad Idea

+3

Thank you for your question.  Buying Restylane online and injecting yourself is a bad idea.  While it may be tempting to save time and money, the results could be disastrous.  You run this risk of counterfeit product and severe, irreversible damage to your appearance.  Restylane treatments should only be injected by a qualified physician.  I cannot stress enough that this is dangerous and can cause malformation.

Please make an appointment to see your doctor.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I guess things are different in Singapore

+3

Unless you are a trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon I would not recommend injecting yourself with Restylane.  There are some dangerous consequences if it is performed incorrectly.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Definitely No.

+3

I strongly do not recommend buying Restylane or another brand hyaluronic acid filler and trying to do self injection. The only exception to this would be someone with extensive knowledge of injecting, a detailed knowledge of the anatomy, knowledge of the possible complications and side effects, and a great deal of previous injecting experience. Even then, I would feel that it is unwise to inject oneself. I have not even begun to mention the discomfort that may result from self-injecting; this discomfort may be minimized by various methods available to professional injectors.

In short, with so many experienced injectors available and stringent controls over dermal fillers and other cosmetic devices, I believe that it is definitely worth the little extra to have a dermal filler injected for you.

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Self Injection of Restylane

+2

Restylane can have numerous health risks if administered poorly.  Of lesser importance, you could waste considerable product without any benefit. Trust only an experienced and expert injector with your health and money.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Buying Restylane online and injecting yourself.

+2

I would not purchase any injectables or chemical peels online since there is no way of telling what is exactly in them.  As far as injecting yourself, its better to have a trained professional do it to avoid any complications.  Good Luck!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon