White Raised Eyelash Line 9 Months After Upper Blepharoplasty

I had an upper bleph 9 months ago for ptosis repair. I am happy with the slight asymetry etc...I look better than I was. I have a thin white raised line along upper lashes that just will not quit being swollen and sore.It looks like it is a collection of white heads actually..all in a fine line along eyelashes. Do you know what it is and what I can do to treat it? I dislike my surgeon and do not wish to visit him again.

Milia after upper eyelid surgery

+1

This sounds like it could be milia, or blocked galnds along the eyelash margin and you should go to an Opthalmologist for evaluation and treatment.

Eyelid surgery

+1

You may be seeing a line of the little glands that lubricate your eyelids. I suggest you consult an eye specialist , such as an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

So sorry to hear that you are not happy with your surgeon.

+1

Without a personal consultation or at least photos, it is hard to know what is going on.  It is possible that with the ptosis surgery, the lid margin was rotated in a subtle way that causes you to see a structure that was always there is a different way.  I would recommend seeking one or more consultations with fellowship trained eyelid plastic surgeons.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) maintains a geographic directory at their website: ASOPRS.org.  This will help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area to see regarding this issue.