Mini Face Lift or Blepharoplasty: Which to Do First?

I'm planning a mini face lift and an upper eye blepharoplasty, but am looking at different doctors for each procedure. Which procedure should I do first?

Eyelid surgery before facelift if you want separate procedures

+2

I usually do upper eyelid blepharoplasty and facelift together at the same time.

However since you plan to have different doctors do the procedures staging is required.

The blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids will have a dramatic impact and recovery will be easier and fairly simple. Also, the results of the upper eyelid surgery will impact the appearance of your brow and the area to the side of your eyelids. This may impact the technical details of your face lift, thus it is better that this be completed before the face lift.

This is a very small and relatively minor detail. If you choose to do the facelift first, your blepharoplasty surgeon can take these details into consideration.

Makes no difference which goes first between facelift and bleph.

+1
As everyone recommends, doing both bleph and facelift together is great but if you do want to do them separate, it makes no difference which goes 1st.  I advise to do the advanced face/neck lift  and blephs both under local. Cost estimate is $2500 for upper bleph and $8800 on special for advanced face/neck lift. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Facelift and Blepharoplasty

+1

I'm curious about why you're considering two different plastic surgeons for your procedures.  A mini facelift and blepharoplasty are very often combined in one operation, saving you money and recovery time.  A board certified plastic surgeon who enjoys facial procedures and performs hundreds each year would be a great candidate to do both at once.

In addition, plastic surgeons who are adept at facial surgery will fine tune their strategy to fit your needs.  We perform mid facelifts for many of our patients, for example.  For these procedures we make tiny incisions under the eyes through which we elevate the tissues of the mid face and perform blepharoplasty for the lower lids.  If this is a good procedure for your needs, it would be a simple matter to do upper eyelid surgery at the time for a complete rejuvenation.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Mini Lift and Blepharoplasty (Upper Eyelid Surgery)

+1

Hi Christina,

Given that you will be having a Mini Lift and not a full facelift and an upper lid blepharoplasty and not a lower one, the order of your surgeries will not matter.

Upper Lid blepharoplasty heals very quickly with minimal amounts of swelling or limitations to you. Lower lid blepharoplasty is much more involved and always involves more swelling or bruising.

A Mini Lift will usually have a 7 to 10 day recovery period. There will be some swelling and bruising but not as bad as with a more extensive facelift.

Really the sequence of these procedures is entirely up to you and your doctors' desires and schedules.

It would be ideal to have both done at the same time but certainly understandable if you have found your doctors of preference to stick with them.

Be well,

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

Mini Facelift or Blepharoplasty?

+1

I would suggest that you find a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who you trust that can perform both procedures for you at the same time.  Any experienced surgeon providing facial cosmetic surgery should be able to do both procedures.  The advantages are that you will only have to recover from a surgery once, and that the cost of anesthesia and facility fees should also be less if you are having both performed at the same time.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty or a Mini Facelift?

+1

This is a great question.  If you look at how we communicate with one another, you will find that we typically scan a person's eye area and occasionally glance at the lips and teeth.  It follows that age is largely determined in these areas as well.  Because of this, I usually recommend a blepharoplasty prior to any sort of facelift procedure, mini or otherwise.  I do agree that maintaining facial harmony is really critical to hold a natural and fresh look.  I would recommend that a patient find a single doctor to work with that they feel comfortable to perform both surgeries if these are indicated.  Work closely with your plastic surgeon to develop a priority list.  Also, be certain that you take the time to meet with several physicians to find the right match!
Thanks for a great question.
Dr. Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combo Surgery Mini Facelift and Blepharoplasty

+1

These are two great procedures to do at the same time.  These are two of my most favorite procedures to do together.  There is just one recover and one anesthesia instead of two.  The cost is also reduced because of doing two procedures at the same time. A consultation with a qualified surgeon is a strong recommendatiion.

David Alessi, MD

Order for mini lift and blepharoplasty

+1
You should consider finding one plastic surgeon who can address both of your concerns. If you do divide the procedures, I would recommend having the blepharoplasty first. The blepharoplasty could result in some swelling in the face and why have swelling which could affect the outcome of the facelift?

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Definitely the face.

+1

The face will push up on the lower lids which sometimes makes it worse. The lids are usually done last for the most refinement.

Nasimul Huq, MD
Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon