Get Fraxel Laser Resurfacing or a Mini-Face lift First?

I am considering getting a "mini" facelift, as well as doing a Fraxel repair (or similar) laser resurfacing. If doing these 2 procedures within a few weeks of each other, would you suggest doing surgery or laser resurfacing FIRST? To me it makes sense to do surgery and THEN the laser resurfacing...but really I have no clue! Or maybe it doesn't matter...? I have some vacation and would like to fit it all in to one time frame, if possible.

Fraxel laser, mini facelift combination

+1

Since several fraxel laser treatments are required to see results it does not matter if they are performed before or after a mini facelift.

Caution should be exercised not to laser close to the incisions to prevent devascularization if performed simultaneously.  Cheers

Faclift first and laser second.

+1

I would recommend that you have the facelift surgery first followed by the laser resurfacing procedure at a later date. Generally this will enhance the results of the facelift surgery. In some instances areas that are not "lifted" during the surgery can be treated at the same time as the facelift. This commonly involves the area around the mouth.

Surgery and Fraxel

+1

I would have the surgery first, then wait about 6-8  weeks or until you are healed to have the laser treatment.  If you do the laser first on the face, a facelift may raise the skin on your jawline that was treated by the fraxel.