Bruising Under Eyes Weeks After Surgery. What's the Cause? How To Treat Bruising?

had upper eyelid surgery weeks ago and lots of bruising under syes still exixts. why and what treatment can resolve this

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+1

Bruising under your eyes post-surgery is not uncommon. It should go away on its own in a couple weeks, but Arnica topically and or orally may help speed the process.

Bruising will always go away but it takes time.

+1

I know of nothing that hastens the departure of bruising.  I do not think that any of the anti-bruising preparations (eg. arnica) do anything.  Be patient and avoid traumatizing the area.

Bruising around the eyes can last over 4 weeks.

+1

You most likely had a very bad bruise associated with your eyelid surgery.  It will go away, it just takes time.  Some doctors advocate using IPL to break down the bruise.  I personally have not been very impressed with this approach.  Time is often the best cure.  

Bruisisng after eyelid surgery

+1

Bruising after eyelid surgery can last for a few weeks after surgery. Normally the body just breaks down the blood and absorbs it.

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+1

Bruising after eyelid surgery may last several weeks depending upon the patient and technique.  Warm compresses may hasten recovery, arnica may also help.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon