Can I Do Something About the Thin Discolored Skin Under my Eyes? (photo)

I have really thin skin under my eyes, which makes the capillaries and muscle shine through. This gives me a severe case of raccoon eyes, because they're always quite purple. The difference in skin texture also gives me a tear through. I'm only 20 years old, and would love to do something about both color and appearance. I've thought about fat repositioning for the tear through, and even some kind of implant to treat the color of the skin. Any good ideas? I don't want any temporary fillers.

Thin skin under the eyes

+1

This looks mostly like hollowing and shadowing and filler would probably be the best treatment. Fat repositioning would not be indicated because there’s not enough fat. Most likely Restylane or Juvederm would give a very nice and long lasting result. Also, Radiesse in the cheek area would lift some of the tissues.  Because you are 20 years old, I would not do surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thin Skin and Dark Circles Below Eyes

+1

As you are young, problems such as thin skin and dark circles below eyes are not age related but rather are related to genetics. A single solution is not the answer to your eye area problems that give you a tired appearance at a young age. While an injectable such as Restylane may be a solution for your problem now, develop a plan which makes sense for you in the long term. For my patients I recommend Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix (also known as Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP) to add volume and help restore color. You should consult with  an experienced and established specialist (as opposed to high volume medispa which sell cheap injectables). 

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

This should respond beautifully to under eye Restylane.

+1

Under eye Restylane has revolutionized how we approach lower eyelid issues.  The treatment is very comfortable and involves minimal down time.  In my office service is available at the time on initial consultation.  Generally we advise people that service last about 1 year but some find that the treatment seems to last much longer than this.

Tear Trough Shadowing....

+1

I would highly recommend you strongly consider RESTYLANE injections to your tear troughs.  I think you will be pleasantly suprised and satisfied with your results.  Please make sure you go to a skilled provider who has a lot of experience with injecting the tear troughs.  Fat injections to this area are not ideal.  Restylane injections to this partlcular area can easily last 12+ months.  If done correctly and prudently, the end results are amazing.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD