When Will I Notice the Results of the Botox?

Had botox between eyes, frown lines 2 days ago... I see no difference.

BOTOX Cosmetic takes time to work

+4

In general, a patient should notice some effect of the BOTOX Cosmetic within 4-7 days of it being injected. However, this time may be shorter in some individuals. The complete effect is generally seen by 14 days after the date of the injection.

One of the most frequent misconceptions is that BOTOX Cosmetic will work immediately. It is important to understand how BOTOX Cosmetic works.

After BOTOX Cosmetic is injected into the muscle, it takes time for it to bind to the receptor responsible for sending the signal to release a chemical that results in muscle contraction. Until this binding takes place, the patient will not see an effect. This process takes a different amount of time in different people.

I recommend that all patients be seen two weeks after being injected with BOTOX Cosmetic. This will allow your physician to critically evaluate the results. If you are pleased, it will allow the physician to know this so he/she can repeat the injection technique in the future. If you are not completely satisfied, a dose adjustment ("touch up injection") can be performed to meet your expectations. This will also allow your physician to adjust his/her technique in the future.

Remember that BOTOX Cosmetic will not remove lines or wrinkles that are already etched into the skin. For this, one should consider skin resurfacing (e.g., chemical peels, laser, dermabrasion) and/or injectable filler materials (e.g., Restylane, Juvederm).

Be sure your physician has the proper training, credentials, and experience. Communicate your goals before your injection. This will allow your physician to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

You should notice the Botox starting to work in 2-3 days...

+3

You should notice the Botox starting to work in 2-3 days. Over the course of 7-10 days, the effect will become stronger. In my practice, I ask patients to return at two weeks as that point they should be seeing maximal effect. As is mentioned in other forums, lines between the brows can be due to either muscle motion or tethering of the skin to deeper structures. This means that for maximal effect you may need Botox + some type of filler. More permanent options are available.

Web reference: http://www.innovationsfps.com/Procedures/Botox.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox: As Early as 24 hours, as Late as 2 weeks

+2

I have seen patients respond as soon as 24 hours and as late as 2 weeks. The average patient takes 3 days. Therefore, I counsel patients that a 3-7 day lag is expected before any benefit is appreciable. The peak effect from Botox is expected at 1 month.

Dysport has shown data that it may take effect earlier than Botox, and I have seen relatively early responses with it. However, have not seen patients requesting it for that reason.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Most patients begin to notice a result within 2-3 days following injection.

+2

Most patients begin to notice a result within 2-3 days following injection of Botox. Patients may require 7 days to notice their 'final' result. If you do not notice an effect or your desired result after 7 days, it is a good idea to see your physician who did your treatment. You may require additional units of Botox to see the desired effect.

Botox time to work

+2

Botox typically takes 2-3 days to begin to work. The complete effect can take about a week. If after a week you haven't seen an improvement you should see your doctor.

Pre-injection and post-injection photos can be very helpful in documenting the improvement. Your doctor should also keep close records documenting how much they've injected, at what concentration and where.

Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. At my practice, I perform all the injections personally.

Botox Effects can be seen 3 to 5 days after treatment: Botulinum Type A

+2

Botox Cosmetic and Effect of Botox

Botox Cosmetic is produced by Allergan. Botox is a name brand for Botulinum Toxin Serotype A and is effective for the reduction of dynamic wrinkles in the forehead, eyebrow area, crow's feet, and perioral area.

Botox works by stopping the output of a specific neurotransmitter known as Acetylcholine across the nerve. Although the effects of Botox occur immediately to stop the release of Acetylcholine, there is still some reserve of the chemical that will last about three to five days in the nerve synapse. Once the reserve is used up, then botox will succesfully stop the release of further Acetylcholine for several months.

In my Santa Monica office, I instruct my patients to follow a strict exercise protocol after their injection.

Questions: spakare@yahoo.com

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD www.karemd.com Kare Plastic Surgery & Skin Health Clinic Santa Monica, Los Angeles Plastic Surgery

When will the results of Botox be noticeable?

+1
The effects of Botox placed in the muscle usually has an effect starting on day 2 and the maximum affect is at about day 7. After day 7, if  you are not seeing any results, then another appointment with your injector is in order, to make sure you don't have antibodies to the Botox product,  and to make sure the product was placed in the correct muscle.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Botox Effects

+1

The effects of botox are visualized in 4-7 days after the procedure.  Patients with deeper lines may notice a partial reduction in lines with a first time treatment.  As patients become consistent users of botox, they may notice lines becoming smoother and smoother.  With consistent use of botox, dynamic lines are expected to be completely effaced.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/botox-injection.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox effects. When do they start?

+1

Our office tells patients that it will be about four days before they see the effects of Botox treatment.  Good effect is usually seen around 10-14 days.  Each patient is different.  If still no effect after giving it some tine, call your injector.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/face-and-skin/botox

Results of Botox can take a few days

+1
Botox can take several days to "check in"so if you don't see anything after two days please do not worry.  The full effect can take up to two weeks in some patients.  If you still don't see anything after two weeks then you should return to your treating physician.  I have all of my Botox patients return in two weeks to do a "Botox check" to make sure they are happy with the results.