How Many Units to Botox Crow's Feet?

I have had Botox for a few years and love it. I have changed my location. I have a new person doing Botox, my problem is I have always maintained 22-24 units that has been perfect and on one occasion 28 units. Which was great as well. My problem is this, my new person that is doing Botox has guessed 39 units I was shocked, I told her no.

Depends on wrinkles

+5

This would depend on the lines and their formation. If a single line less units. Multiple lines more units. If the wrinkles extend quite a distance from the lateral canthus (outer part of the eye) more units. It is safer to inject the superior lies ( upper wrinkles) than lower ones. Usual for me, like the others, is 8-9 units. Touch up with 2-3 units two weeks later if patient and I feel the need. Fillers (Cosmoderm or Restylane) if patient wants total correction.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox for Crow's Feet

+5
I generally use between 7.5 and 12.5 units of Botox per side for crow's feet, depending on the patient. However, there are some patients who have smile lines around the eyes that can add to the attractiveness of a patient. Some smile lines add warmth and pleasant character to the face.
Lines and wrinkles should not be removed simply because they can be removed. Removal or softening of wrinkles should be something to consider only if a patient feels the lines make them look unpleasant, less attractive, or older than they'd like to look. Too much Botox, or Botox in too many places can create the "frozen face" so many people fear.
It is normal to have some lines on the face. I keep photos of my smiling young children in the procedure room where I perform Botox as a reminder to patients that some lines can be beautiful.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/botox.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Crows' feet Botox

+4

If 22-28 units has worked for you in the past for your crows' feet, then that's what you should continue to request. There is no reason to increase units unless your results are incomplete or lasting fewer than 3-4 months.

Botox for Crow's feet usually 12-16 units per eye

+4

The information card I have from the Botox manufacturer Allergan gives 12-16 units per eye as the correct dosing. If you want a lower dose, you can insist on it ...you can always come back and have more administered, and going with the "lowest effective dose" is exactly what the Botox company recommends.

Crestone Plastic Surgeon

Botox - Units for crow's feet

+4

For younger patients in their 30's, 8 units usually suffices per side; for patients in their 50's it might be 16 units per side, if orbicularis fibers other than the usual lateral fibers are treated.

Too much Botox can cause relaxation of undesired muscles, for example the lip lifting muscles, so experience and understanding of facial muscle anatomy is important. Too much can also create undesired effects, like the "apple cheek" look of excessive orbicularis relaxation.

Botox for Crows feet

+3

The amount varies depending upon the severity of the crows feet. I typically start out with 7.5U on each side for the average person, however I can range from 7.5 to 15U on each side. I do three injections along the crows feet. I would start out with the lesser amount first and if you need more, I would do more injections.  Dr. Behnam.

Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Crowsfeet botox

+3

Amounts vary. 7.5 units per eye for crowsfeet is the average.  Persons who receive botox regularly and whose periorbicularis muscle has weakened long term require less.   The usual interval of injections is 4 months.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Crow's Feet

+3

I almost always start with 8 units of Botox for each side of the eye, 16 units total for both sides. Each side gets 4 injections of 2 units each. This works well for the majority of patients in my office. The dose can always be increased, if necessary, in the future.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Cosmetic for Crows Feet

+3

Thanks for the question.

The amount of Botox Cosmetic you will require for your crows feet depend a lot on your age, your baseline rhytids (wrinkles), and the condition of your skin. In general, 24-28 units should suffice for a treatment of the crowsfeet. However, it is not uncommon to use more Botox in these areas, especially in people with extensive rhytids which prefer less movement. I recommend you discuss your needs and desires and past experiences with your clinician. It is always possible to add more botox if you are not sufficiently treated.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.botoxTreatmentBeverlyHills.com

Botox injections for Crow's Feet: Lateral Canthus - Do I need Botox injections?

+3

Botox injections are as much a science as an art. As a plastic surgeon, I begin my evaluation by noting the amount of skin resiliency in the lateral canthus, the condition of the skin, the severity of dynamic wrinkling, and the extent of static wrinkling. These parameters should all be assessed.

From that point, the patient and I discuss alternatives to treatment as well as the amount of botox to be injected. I also discuss the duration of treatment, type of injection including dilution, and finally the amount necessary.

The lateral canthus, in most females aged 30 to 45, with moderate rhytids of the lateral canthus will require 12 units of botox per side.

Always seek a board certified plastic surgeon for facial rejuvenation as the requirements for improvement necessitate a review of the surgical and non-surgical options.