How Much Does Botox for Hyperhidrosis of the Underarm Cost?

Hyperhidrosis of the Underarms - Botox and miraDry procedures

+2

Botox for the underarms needs to be injected every 3 to 6 months and is very individual in its longevity. I try to get a health care insurer to pay for it as hyperhidrosis is considered a medical problem.

Remember that since most insurers make you jump through hoops before they pay for surgical sympathectomy, and require treatment with Botox, they must consider paying for such treatment(s).

Depending on how large your underarms are, they can require between 80 units and 150 units at a cost of 10 dollars per unit.

I also perform miraDry and this is an option for those who can afford to pay out of pocket for this procedure. It is FDA approved for underarm sweating.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Hyperhidrosis Cost

+1
Procedure costs will vary dramatically throughout the country and even in the same city. For hyperhidrosis, you will need about 100 units. The approximate cost should be about $1000.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox for Hyperhidrosis Cost

+1
Botox works very well to decrease profuse underarm sweating.  Studies have shown that the effect lasts between 6 and 7 months.  Generally, 50 units of Botox is injected per axilla.  The average cost for Botox is $10 to $14 per unit.  Sometimes insurance companies will pay for the treatment if you can prove that other measures have failed.  Discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

How to control underarm sweating

+1
There are several options for controlling underarm sweating. Non surgical options include botox injections which usually require 100 units for good control at a cost of approx. $1200. The results from botox last 4-6 months on average. I have found that using minimally invasive Vaser ultrasound to destroy the sweat glands provides a longer lasting result. This procedure can be completed in the office under local anesthesia. Typical costs are $1900.

Andrew Goldberg, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

How much does it cost to use Botox for underarm sweating?

+1
Generally, 100 units of Botox is used to stop sweating under both underarms, and this will cost about $1000. Some people can use about half that amount and still get significant improvement.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox is highly effective helping excessive sweating for underarm, most patient require 50 units per axilla to see full result and should last 3-6 months, Cost of Botox varies from each practice/physician and also the region you live in, typically the cost of Botox is $10-$16 per unit. 

Cost for Hyperhidrosis Therapy

+1

I tend to use a more dilute version of botox for underram therapy and found it to be equally effective as a more concentrated version.  Its main benefit is it is more cost effective and theoretically diffuses further along.  I prefer 50-100 units of botox per treatment and its cost ranges from $500- 1000 depending on the number of units used.  Treatments are expected to last between 3-6 months.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Cost for Hyperhydrosis

+1

I normally start with a dosage of 50 units of Botox for hyperhidrosis of the armpits.  This can provide anywhere from 3-6 months of relief from sweating.  I charge $500-600 per side so a treatment can cost between $1000-$1200 per treatment.  Often higher doses can result in longer lasting symptom relief. 

A great alternative to Botox is miraDry.  It costs $3000 for the procedure (includes two treatments) and can as effective as Botox and after two treatments, no further intervention is needed.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Hyperhidrosis Botox or Miradry in Los Angeles

+1

Botox is one option for hyperhidrosis of the armpits.  A more cost effective solution is Miradry, a longlasting non-neurotoxin option that uses heat energy to eliminate unwanted and abnormal sweat glands in the armpits. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

BoTox for hyperhidrosis cost

+1

The two most common ways to charge for BoTox are by the "area" or by the "unit".  I charge by the unit, as each person will require a different amount in each different area.  Costs may vary in your geographic location as well as who is the one administering the BoTox (physician, nurse, aesthetician, etc.), but a range in cost from $8-16/unit is reasonable, with $10-12/unit on average. Typically, 50-100 units are used per armpit and can last from 6-12 months.  

Lewis Albert Andres, MD