How Much Does Botox for Hyperhidrosis of the Underarm Cost?

Hyperhidrosis of the Underarms - Botox and miraDry procedures

+2

Botox for the underarms needs to be injected every 3 to 6 months and is very individual in its longevity. I try to get a health care insurer to pay for it as hyperhidrosis is considered a medical problem.

Remember that since most insurers make you jump through hoops before they pay for surgical sympathectomy, and require treatment with Botox, they must consider paying for such treatment(s).

Depending on how large your underarms are, they can require between 80 units and 150 units at a cost of 10 dollars per unit.

I also perform miraDry and this is an option for those who can afford to pay out of pocket for this procedure. It is FDA approved for underarm sweating.

Web reference: http://www.EliminateSweating.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

How much does it cost to use Botox for underarm sweating?

+1
Generally, 100 units of Botox is used to stop sweating under both underarms, and this will cost about $1000. Some people can use about half that amount and still get significant improvement.
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox is highly effective helping excessive sweating for underarm, most patient require 50 units per axilla to see full result and should last 3-6 months, Cost of Botox varies from each practice/physician and also the region you live in, typically the cost of Botox is $10-$16 per unit. 

Cost for Hyperhidrosis Therapy

+1

I tend to use a more dilute version of botox for underram therapy and found it to be equally effective as a more concentrated version.  Its main benefit is it is more cost effective and theoretically diffuses further along.  I prefer 50-100 units of botox per treatment and its cost ranges from $500- 1000 depending on the number of units used.  Treatments are expected to last between 3-6 months.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/latestnews/06-01-2012/sweating-its-not-always-heat.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Cost for Hyperhydrosis

+1

I normally start with a dosage of 50 units of Botox for hyperhidrosis of the armpits.  This can provide anywhere from 3-6 months of relief from sweating.  I charge $500-600 per side so a treatment can cost between $1000-$1200 per treatment.  Often higher doses can result in longer lasting symptom relief. 

A great alternative to Botox is miraDry.  It costs $3000 for the procedure (includes two treatments) and can as effective as Botox and after two treatments, no further intervention is needed.  

Hyperhidrosis Botox or Miradry in Los Angeles

+1

Botox is one option for hyperhidrosis of the armpits.  A more cost effective solution is Miradry, a longlasting non-neurotoxin option that uses heat energy to eliminate unwanted and abnormal sweat glands in the armpits. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/49/hyperhidrosis--sweating.aspx

BoTox for hyperhidrosis cost

+1

The two most common ways to charge for BoTox are by the "area" or by the "unit".  I charge by the unit, as each person will require a different amount in each different area.  Costs may vary in your geographic location as well as who is the one administering the BoTox (physician, nurse, aesthetician, etc.), but a range in cost from $8-16/unit is reasonable, with $10-12/unit on average. Typically, 50-100 units are used per armpit and can last from 6-12 months.  

Web reference: http://www.albertandresmd.com

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox is ~$1000 - $1500/treatment; miraDry is a longer-lasting option

+1

Botox is ~$1000 per treatment and will last 6-9 months.  miraDry is a new non-invasive treatment that uses microwave technology to destroyo sweat glands.  Two treatments, spaced three months apart, typically reduce sweating by > 90%. The cost of the two miraDry treatments is ~$3000.

Houston Dermatologist

Botox costs about $1000 but consider MIRADRY procedure

+1

Botox is a great treatment that will improve underarm sweating for 6-9 months.  Consider the new FDA approved procedure called miradry, which will give you more permanent results.  Its two treatment, thrre months apart and you will never have to do botox again!

Treatment of Hyperhidrosis

+1

Botulinum Tioxin for treatment of hyperhidrosis is incredibly effective and a life saver for the person who always has stains under their arms, ruining their clothing and causing public embarrasment.  The dose of botulinum toxin necessary to treat the condition can vary from patient to patient.  Doses as low as 20 units of Botox (50 units Dysport) per armpit can last up to 9 months in duration.  Sometimes doubling the dose to 40 units Botox (100 units Dysport) per armpit can increase the duration to one full year.

The cost for the treatment is about $600 to $1200 depending on the dose required and which brand product you use.  Dysport costs less, but is just as effective as Botox in my opinion.

If you suffer from true Hyperhidrosis and have not tried Botulinum Toxin, you are in for a life changing experience.  Good luck