When I Wake Up in the Morning, my Breasts Feel So Tight and Swollen. Is This Normal? (photo)

I am 5 days Post-Op (400cc Mentor Silicone Gel, High Profile, under the muscle). When I wake up in the mornings, my breasts feel like they are two times bigger. The swelling and tightness is extremely painful. Throughout the day, it seems to get better. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to help with the swelling?

Breast tightness after augmentation.

+2

It is normal to feel tight after breast augmentation. This relaxation that occurs as the day goes on is also normal. We instruct our patients to wear their postoperative bra night and day for the first two weeks which helps to mitigate these symptoms.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Morniung swelling post aug

+2

Since you are only a few days out I am sure this will reolve in time.Also if you are having your period this can cause breast swelling as well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Breast Augmentation

+2

What you are describing is normal after breast augmentation.  Your photos look normal as well, showing a fantastic early result.  Over the next few days and weeks the feeling should gradually and continuously get better.  You must follow closely with your plastic surgeon, who can examine you directly and make the true determination of your progress. 

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

When I Wake Up in the Morning, my Breasts Feel So Tight and Swollen. Is This Normal?

+2

Photos look great! ONLY 5 days post operative!!! PLEASE be more patient and see your surgeon to discuss. 

Tightness of breasts after breast augmentation

+2

Your symptoms sound quite normal after surgery. Many times the muscle goes into spasm and the chest swells, as the day goes on thing often soften up like you mentioned.

Breasts Tight and Swollen after Breast Augmentation Normal?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, what you are experiencing is quite common after breast augmentation surgery. You will find that these sensations will gradually result over the course of the next few weeks. Of course, your plastic surgeon is in the best position to advise you after direct examination;  make sure you keep your follow-up appointments ( sooner if  you have specific questions/concerns).

Best wishes with the remainder of your recovery.

Swelling

+1

It is normal to feel swollen after surgery. Follow up with your ps to see if the healing is normal. it would be very rare to have bilateral hematomas. sounds normal

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon