Is 325 Cc the Right Size for Me?

I am 5'1" and 110 lbs. I am currently a 32" small B cup. I want to end up a small D cup. I am a little afraid that 325cc may be slightly too large for my body size and frame. My surgeon feels confident that this is an appropriate increase to augment my size nicely. Can anyone offer perspective as to what size I could expect to be on outcome of 325cc silicone augmentation? Thank you

Is 324 cc the right size for me?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size.   I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

325 cc under the muscle seems a little conservative to get into a small D range.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant sizing choices

+1

In general I think 325 cc is a conservative choice in silicone gel breast implants. I am not sure it will get you to a small D cup but I think you will most likely be happy with the result.  I cannot say for sure without seeing your anatomy and taking measurements. The plastic surgeon can also consider using gel sizers at the time of surgery to ensure the best choice of size that fits your frame and choose then.  I try to council patients to not get "married to a number" with breast implants.  Good luck!

James F. Boynton, MD

Everyone worries about implants being too big--until after surgery! Then they want to go bigger.

+1

Unfortunately, this is a common if not almost universal concern. Most women don't want to be "too big" after surgery, or have an unnatural look. Many confess the worry that others may "notice" and judge them unfavorably. Women end up arguing with their plastic surgeons over 25 or 50cc (which is less than 1-2 ounces, and not even visible when distributed over a whole breast's volume). You're in good company!

Let me reassure you that adding 325cc implants will add just over 1 1/3 cup sizes to your present size, but the bras you choose now and after surgery are so variable that you need more information upon which to base your implant choice (if in fact your surgeon is leaving this up to you). Basically, I believe that my patients generally know what they want, but that they are inexperienced in how best to achieve a specific look. Thus, it is my job as a plastic surgeon to assist them in conveying to me just what exactly they want to achieve.

Trying on implants in a bra is helpful, though I caution my own patients that I will need to add 50-100cc to whatever they choose (anatomy allowing) to achieve the "look" they like in a brassiere and stretchy top when sizing. Photographs of patients or models with breast sizes that approximate the desired size also help me understand my patients' goals. Then, measurements before, and during, surgery allow me to choose the implants that best accomplish my patient's goals in keeping with her anatomy's limitations.

Without knowing where you buy your bras, nobody can give you an honest or accurate estimation of post-op bra size you may end up with after 325cc implants (and who knows if you like your bras tight, loose, or with breast "spilling out" over the fabric or hardshell cup). Herein lies the problem of "cup size" estimates.

You should try your best to convey your desired "look" and leave the decision-making as how to best achieve that look to your experienced ABPS-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

A good "rough" test is to perform a "baggy test" and see how the volume looks in your bra with a tight t-shirt over it. This will tie a rough idea if the volume is too much.

Outcome of 325cc implant

+1

Hi, the outcome of a specific implant size cannot be predicted at all. it will depend on several factors that can only be assessed during a proper physical examination. in general a 325cc implant theoretically should increase the cup size by more than one size, so your surgeon might be right, but you need to review other patients pictures and find out how the same implant can give different results in different people.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Unfortunately, without direct examination and a full communication of your goals it is not possible to give you good advice in regards to the best breast implant size/profile that will help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Implant Sizes

+1

Without seeing you in person and/or reviewing pre-op photos, it shard to give yoga good recommendation for breast implant sizes.  It really depends on your measurements, your anatomy, you skin/tissue thickness and your expectations for surgery.  In our office we use the VECTRA 3D simulation machine which can show you in 3D the results of different implants in your own body.  We then take various size sample implant and have you try them in your bra.  This way, you get a good feeling of what the extra volume/weight will feel like after surgery.  If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Right Size

+1

It is impossible to give you an exact answer without having the chance to get some measurements in person. As a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery, I use biodimensional planning to deterimine a proper size range for you. The size range gives a better idea of what size to choose. We also offer 3D video imaging to give you a chance to "see" what you might expect to look like. Finally, no one can guarantee cup size since not all bras are created equal. Ultimately, the look you are trying to achieve is more important than the letter on a bra! I hope this helps.

James M. Kurley, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1
It is impossible to comment except in the abstract without a photo and examination. First, cup sizes are variable by company and you should not focus on this but, instead, on the desired size. This requires discussion with your plastic surgeon. I do not think that, in general, 325 cc is a large implant for someone with small B cup breasts, however, although your petite stature may militate toward a slightly smaller size. Many women have size regret, though, that they did not opt for the larger of two sizes so keep that in mind and recognize that it does take time for you to adapt to the new size of your chest.

Robert L. Kraft, MD