When Would I Need a Touch-up from a Radiesse Chin Augmentation?

Is it best to try to use your own fat as a filler for a chin augmentation if you want longer-lasting effects? If I opt for neck lipo, can they use the fat from the double chin to reshape my chin?

+1

Radiesse lasts about 12 months whether it's used to augment the cheeks, chin, jaw or fill in the nasolabial folds.  I performed hundreds of fat transfers in the early 1990's and found them unreliable enough to continue using it for facial augmentation.  If you're looking for a permanent chin augmentation, IMHO, silastic chin implants are the best option.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Radiesse vs Fat for Chin Augmentation

+1

I have done a lot of fat augmentation over the past 20+ years and continue to recommend this alternative because the improvement lasts significantly longer. Radiesse is easier but must be repeated yearly. 

Radiesse Chin Augmentation

+1

Radiesse would provide a more predictable and even filler for chin augmentation than fat which can be absorbed and is more deformable. Radiesse lasts for over a year and is relatively cheap when compared to Juvederm, Restylane and Perlane.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Radiesse touchup

+1
Radiesse should not require touchup for at least a year if the correct amount was used. Fat injections after liposuction can be differentially absorbed so I prefer to use filler which will produce an even and consistent result.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.