When Can I Get a Tattoo After my Tummy Tuck Surgery? It Will Be on my Arm, Not on the Scar.

I want to get a new tattoo. But I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago, so I'd like to know when I can get a new tattoo.

You can get a tattoo of the arm anytime after a tummy tuck gut why would you want to?

There is no problem with a tattoo of the arm medically speaking after a tummy tuck.  Before you proceed, find out how much it is going to cost to have it removed.

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

Tattoo on arm

If the tattoo is going to only be on your arm, then it should be okay to get one now. Enjoy your new look!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Tattoo after tummy tuck surgery.

There are no restrictions as to when you can get a tattoo placed on your arm after tummy tuck surgery. Best of luck.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

155 White Plains Rd
Tarrytown, NY 10591

Getting a tattoo after a tummy tuck

As long as your incisions are well healed and your plastic surgeon clears you, a tattoo can be placed anywhere.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

10807 Falls Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093

Arm Tattoo after Tummy Tuck?

You should be able to get your tattoo done any time you wish.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Tattoo and tummy tuck

There is no contraindication to getting a tattoo remote from your incision at any time as long as you can be comfortable during the session. I make my patients wait 2-3 months to tattoo over a scar though. Cheers Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

7700 Cat Hollow Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681

When can I get a tattoo after Tummy Tuck?

There is no limitation or problem with getting a tattoo after your tummy tuck surgery.  The tattoo will not interfere with your healing or results.  Wait until you are comfortable lying in one position for a long time while the tattoo is being applied, then you are ready to go. 

When getting a tattoo over a recent surgical scar, it is best to wait at least 3 months but most will say 6 months is better.  Good luck, have fun.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

7711 Baymeadows Road East
Jacksonville, FL 32256