When Can I Get a Tattoo After my Tummy Tuck Surgery? It Will Be on my Arm, Not on the Scar.

I want to get a new tattoo. But I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago, so I'd like to know when I can get a new tattoo.

You can get a tattoo of the arm anytime after a tummy tuck gut why would you want to?

+3

There is no problem with a tattoo of the arm medically speaking after a tummy tuck.  Before you proceed, find out how much it is going to cost to have it removed.

Tattoo after tummy tuck surgery.

+1

There are no restrictions as to when you can get a tattoo placed on your arm after tummy tuck surgery. Best of luck.

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Getting a tattoo after a tummy tuck

+1

As long as your incisions are well healed and your plastic surgeon clears you, a tattoo can be placed anywhere.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Arm Tattoo after Tummy Tuck?

+1

You should be able to get your tattoo done any time you wish.

Tattoo and tummy tuck

+1
There is no contraindication to getting a tattoo remote from your incision at any time as long as you can be comfortable during the session. I make my patients wait 2-3 months to tattoo over a scar though. Cheers Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

When can I get a tattoo after Tummy Tuck?

+1

There is no limitation or problem with getting a tattoo after your tummy tuck surgery.  The tattoo will not interfere with your healing or results.  Wait until you are comfortable lying in one position for a long time while the tattoo is being applied, then you are ready to go. 

When getting a tattoo over a recent surgical scar, it is best to wait at least 3 months but most will say 6 months is better.  Good luck, have fun.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon