What Are my Chances of Dying During my Tummy Tuck?

I'm a 32 year old with 4 children I've had 3 c-sections under epidural and had a d and c under anastetic! I dunno what's a matter with me got a terrible fear of dying while under the knife! But I've been wanted this done for 10 years since I had my twins! I need it done my apron hang is making miserable and hinders a lot of my decisions wether it be clothes, holidays, swimming, gym! I'm dieting to get to my ideal weight before surgery!

Tummy tuck complications

With any general anesthesia there is a risk.  However, it is very low, less than 1/10th of a percent chance of mortality.  From a surgical perspective, the chances of pulmonary embolism are 1 in 1000.  I assume you have had no problems with blood clots in the past, no anesthetic adverse reactions or no history of any family members having anesthetic death.  Your chances of dying during an abdominoplasty are less than 1 in 1000.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon