Hot Tub After Mommy Makeover? 6 Weeks Post Op.

When Can I Go in the Hot Tub After TT, BA? I Am 6 Weeks Post-op and my Doctor Said I Could Swim, but I Wasn't Sure About Hot Tub

Hot tub to celebrate mommy makeover

+3

You should be able to use a hot tub after six weeks post mommy makeover.  As long as ALL the incisions have completely healed.  Please also check with your surgeon.  Remember your sensation can be altered so don't make the hot tub too warm.

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Hot tub after mommy makeover

+2

I would stress caution about a hot tub this early after tummy tuck...as  one of the doctors has said, the skin of your tummy will not respond normally at this time during the healing process...I have had one patient have a third degree burn in her tummy after sunbathing too early after a tummy tuck (right through her one piece suit!)...patience and you will be able to enjoy things after a few more weeks...

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Hot Tub after Tummy Tuck

+2

A hot tub will increase the temperature of your skin, and the way your body responds to this is by increasing blood flow to "wash away" the heat (the same way your face gets red when you get hot). The numbness of the skin after a tummy tuck (due to dividing the nerves to the skin when the skin is elevated) results in your inability to feel the heat. After a TT the  heat accumulates because the blood supply is decreased (also by elevating the skin), but you cannot feel it, and then burns result. We also ask our patients to avoid wearing all black bathing suits for 3 months after a tummy tuck (just like black car seats a black swim suit can accumulate heat). So I would ask my patients to avoid a hot tub for 3 months unless they were very careful!  

Douglas Leppink, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Activity after Mommy Makeover

+2

If your PS has cleared you to get into a pool to swin, then I think you should be OK for the hot tub.  Resume all activity * gradually * and avoid overdoing it.  And keep hydrated.  Enjoy your results!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Hot Tub after Mommy Makeover?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the mommy makeover surgery. Always in your best interests to check with your plastic surgeon regarding specific postoperative activity, given that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care and is aware of your progress ( and/or any complications you may have experienced).