How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

I am quite sure my insurance plan cant cover the cost of breast reduction surgery. They don't consider it a medical necessity even though my breasts are causing me severe back pain and neck aches. About how much is a great plastic surgeon going to charge for a breast reduction? Does this include anesthesia too?  Warm thank you for helping me

Breast Reduction Cost

+4

The fees for a cosmetic breast reduction will vary based on a number of factors including your geographical location, the time needed, the facility fee, and the anesthesia fees. At The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio, the total fee for a cosmetic breast reduction is about $5,600- $6,200. Contact a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine the fees. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Fees

+3

In Denver, the fees for breast reduction range from about $7,000 -$11,000, depending on the surgeon and the location of the procedure (surgery center or hospital).

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Cost

+3

Many factors involved, some fixed and others depend on your anatomy and medical condition if not covered by insurance. The technique of reduction (Wise pattern or anchor scar versus vertical or keyhole scar versus liposuction) also contribute to cost as one technique may take longer than another; larger breasts mean longer operating room time to complete the surgery; whether the surgeon operates in a hospital or in a surgery center are also issues to take into consideration.

I recommend scheduling an evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a significant number of breast procedures. They should be able to give you all the information you need as it pertains to your individual case.

Good Luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Cost of Breast Reduction

+2
There are a few factors that contribute to the costs of a reduction. If a true reduction is necessary, the cost is $7000-$8000 at our facility in Raleigh.  That typically includes liposuction to the lateral chest wall which I have found to significantly improve the end result and appearance. Cost is certainly important but the quality of the surgeon, staff and facility can all vary dramatically.  I would encourage anyone considering this surgery to seek a couple of opinions. Find someone who can provide more than one or two types of breast reduction and who can match your procedure to your body. A thousand dollars more or less is a lot of money but there can be a lot of value in high end offices and facilities that, simply, offer higher levels of quality and care. More is not always better, however, and that's why seeking multiple opinions has value.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

+2

Under the same circumstances, meaning surgeons of the same caliber, with the same qualifications, experience, and reputation, the cost of breast reduction surgery depends on how large the breasts are, where the surgery is done, whether it is done strictly as an outpatient procedure or at a hospital with overnight stay, and how time consuming the technique chosen is.  This cost can range anywhere from $9,000 to $25,000.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction cost

+2
Breast Reduction like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $5000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for breast reduction. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Atlanta Breast Reduction Price $6,550.00

+2

If insurance denies coverage of your breast reduction the cost of the breast reduction at our facility is $6,550.00. This includes the physicians fee, anesthesia fee, facility fee and all of your follow up visits after surgery. Keep in mind that most surgery centers in this day and time have payment plans. The additional costs would be a lab work up, prescriptions, and pathology.

Breast reduction fees are going to vary

+2

Hi there-

As with anything else, surgical fees and costs are going to vary depending on where you live, the details of the the procedure in question, and the experience and reputation of the surgeon. I think the most important thing to emphasize to you is the importance of finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you like and feel comfortable with, and who you believe can do a good job for you (ask how often they do breast reduction).

Once you have found someone you feel can help you, then worry about the costs. Many fine financing options exist, and any good surgeon is going to even have staff able to help you with the paperwork--so find the right surgeon first. I hope that helps.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast reduction cost depends on the region

+2

It depends upon where you would be having the procedure done. Typically the surgeon's fee in the southeast is $5000 - 6000 with anesthesia and OR fees being $1500 - 3000. I would guess that in California, it might be more than this.

Check with a plastic surgeon that has a certified OR in his facility, as costs sometimes can be controlled more at a private center.

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Breast reduction

+2

The cost of a breast reduction varies from state to state. Currently in southern Oregon, the going rate is around $6000.00 for the surgery, operating room, and anesthesia (whole package). The surgeries performed here are done on an out-patient basis in a State certified ambulatory surgery center. 

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon