How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

I am quite sure my insurance plan cant cover the cost of breast reduction surgery. They don't consider it a medical necessity even though my breasts are causing me severe back pain and neck aches. About how much is a great plastic surgeon going to charge for a breast reduction? Does this include anesthesia too?  Warm thank you for helping me

Breast Reduction Cost

+4

The fees for a cosmetic breast reduction will vary based on a number of factors including your geographical location, the time needed, the facility fee, and the anesthesia fees. At The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio, the total fee for a cosmetic breast reduction is about $5,600- $6,200. Contact a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine the fees. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Fees

+3

In Denver, the fees for breast reduction range from about $7,000 -$11,000, depending on the surgeon and the location of the procedure (surgery center or hospital).

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Cost

+3

Many factors involved, some fixed and others depend on your anatomy and medical condition if not covered by insurance. The technique of reduction (Wise pattern or anchor scar versus vertical or keyhole scar versus liposuction) also contribute to cost as one technique may take longer than another; larger breasts mean longer operating room time to complete the surgery; whether the surgeon operates in a hospital or in a surgery center are also issues to take into consideration.

I recommend scheduling an evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a significant number of breast procedures. They should be able to give you all the information you need as it pertains to your individual case.

Good Luck!

Dr. C

How Much Does Breast Reduction Cost?

+2

Under the same circumstances, meaning surgeons of the same caliber, with the same qualifications, experience, and reputation, the cost of breast reduction surgery depends on how large the breasts are, where the surgery is done, whether it is done strictly as an outpatient procedure or at a hospital with overnight stay, and how time consuming the technique chosen is.  This cost can range anywhere from $9,000 to $25,000.

Breast Reduction cost

+2

Plastic surgery fees vary greatly depending on geographic area and the expertise of the surgeon. Breast reduction fees also very depending on the extent of the reduction required. Breast reduction fees generally are between $5000 and $15000.

Breast Reduction Cost in Baltimore

+2

The cost for a breast reduction in my Facility includes the following:

Total cost= surgeon's fee + OR + anesthesia

At my AAAASF accredited surgery center in Baltimore, our total breast reduction cost is approximately $6000 total. If you do not have insurance, this amount can be financed. If you are approved by insurance they will usually pay the majority of the cost. However, the usual requirement in Maryland is that you must have at least 500cc of breast tissue removed from each breast as well as a history of back pain, neck pain, and other clinical symptoms.

I perform breast reduction via a single vertical scar, so that you do not have any horizontal or anchor scars. I learned this technique in the late 80's with Dr. Claude Lassus, in Nice , France. Dr. Lassus was one of the first pioneers in the vertical reduction technique. He was performing this technique in the 60's.

I have performed hundreds of breast reductions using the single vertical scar during my 20 years of practice. Please visit my website below to learn more about the technique.

If you live out of town and want to find out more about the procedure and if you are potentially a candidate, you can schedule a virtual consultation.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/Breast-Reduction.php

Atlanta Breast Reduction Price $6,550.00

+2

If insurance denies coverage of your breast reduction the cost of the breast reduction at our facility is $6,550.00. This includes the physicians fee, anesthesia fee, facility fee and all of your follow up visits after surgery. Keep in mind that most surgery centers in this day and time have payment plans. The additional costs would be a lab work up, prescriptions, and pathology.

Breast reduction fees are going to vary

+2

Hi there-

As with anything else, surgical fees and costs are going to vary depending on where you live, the details of the the procedure in question, and the experience and reputation of the surgeon. I think the most important thing to emphasize to you is the importance of finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that you like and feel comfortable with, and who you believe can do a good job for you (ask how often they do breast reduction).

Once you have found someone you feel can help you, then worry about the costs. Many fine financing options exist, and any good surgeon is going to even have staff able to help you with the paperwork--so find the right surgeon first. I hope that helps.

Breast reduction cost depends on the region

+2

It depends upon where you would be having the procedure done. Typically the surgeon's fee in the southeast is $5000 - 6000 with anesthesia and OR fees being $1500 - 3000. I would guess that in California, it might be more than this.

Check with a plastic surgeon that has a certified OR in his facility, as costs sometimes can be controlled more at a private center.

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a Breast reduction

+2

The cost of a breast reduction varies from state to state. Currently in southern Oregon, the going rate is around $6000.00 for the surgery, operating room, and anesthesia (whole package). The surgeries performed here are done on an out-patient basis in a State certified ambulatory surgery center. 

Medford Plastic Surgeon