After Breast Reduction Surgery Will my Breasts Fall Down?

I had breast reduction surgery last year,my husband always say that my breast are falling down to me it's seem the same as i had done opperation is it true the breast can come down for a period of time ?

Breasts settling after a breast reduction

+3

Absolutely, the breast shape changes after a breast reduction. You likely looked very full and perky right after your surgery.  But your skin is your skin, and we can't change skin QUALITY with any surgery, only skin QUANTITY.  So you should expect your breasts to settle over time, making them less full on top and more full on bottom.  It might be useful for you to review your "before" photos--I'll bet you still have a dramatic improvement, even though you see changes now.

Some laxity is expected after breast reduction

+3

Breast reduction surgery is a major breast lift at the same time. The length of time that the breast will maintain in the elevated position is dependant on the quality of your skin and the weight of the tissue. All skin will continue to age and allow some stretching and laxity, this will let the breasts soften and sag a little bit. Most of the skin stretch will happen in the first year and then will continue very slowly over time as you age.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction - After Breast Reduction Surgery Will my Breasts Fall Down?

+2

Well, there is nothing about this surgery that reverses or prevents the effects of gravity - gravity always wins.  But the other question is how much breast tissue was removed - if relatively little was removed then it follows that they will start to drop sooner than if more tissue were removed.

It takes about 6-12 months for breasts to settle, and up to two years to see the final results.  I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

What you described sounds like a condition called bottoming out. This is possible to correct

+2

What you described sounds like a condition called bottoming out.

This can occur after some breast reduction techniques whether the majority of the tissue is kept at the bottom or the lower part of the breast.

With gravity changes this tissue moves downwards giving a longer appearance to the lower part of the breast.

This is possible to correct but normally end with further surgery in reducing and elevating this lower tissue.

It maybe worth if you are concerned about it I think it would be worthwhile scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best way forward for you.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breasts that fall after breast reduction

+2

The most common cause for  "falling breasts" following a reduction mammoplasty is that they were not made small enough.  Most woman with very large breast want a little taken off but not a lot.  The majority still desire to be a "D" cup and not a "C".  This causes the skin to stretch below the nipple or "bottom out" with time.  The  nipple/areolar complex remains in place but the skin below stretches.  This may be your problem.  It can be improved upon by removing additional skin  from the inframammary fold.  It may occur again if no additional breast tissue is removed.

Breast reduction surgery turns the clock back, but does not stop it!

+2

Breast reduction surgery lifts and reduces the size of the breast. Immediately after surgery there will be some settling of the breasts as the swelling goes away. Then the breasts will start to sag slowly over time. Those things that can influence sagging include pregnancy, weight gains or losses, going braless and lots of exercise without good support.

Breasts after reduction still subject to gravity and should be supported.

+2

After breast reduction the remaining breast tissue has weight and as such can be pulled inferiorward by gravity over time.  This is why support with a bra is important after reduction surgery.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Settling of the breasts after reduction

+2

oopriyaa, gravity is inexorable and all breasts will settle lower on the chest wall, even after surgical procedures which are intended to reduce the volume and tighten the skin envelope.  Despite the use of internal suturing, breast tissue sculpting techniques, the forces of age, weight gain/loss, pregnancy, heredity and menopause can faciltate the descent.  The patients who have a greater percentage of glandular tissue compared to fatty tissue, typically state that their shape remains "perky" longer.  If your dissatisfaction remains, you may consult your PS to place a small breast implant, which would paradoxically "shape" the remaining breast tissue, much as the tent poles support the canvas of a tent.  Good luck.

How long with my breast lift stay lifted?

+2

Ah. This is a common question.

Breasts will age again with time. There are lift techniques which use internal suturing (which I use) to help preserve the lift.  Bottom line though is that time, gravity, and activity will cause your breasts to continue to age.

Some things you can't change-

the amount of fat versus breast tissue (the fat doesn't hold the internal sutures as well),

your genetic skin tone, etc.

Some things you can change-

support your breasts,

limit stress (jogging, breast feeding/ pregnancy),

avoid weight fluctuation (particularly if you lose weight. less volume= more droop), and

overall smaller size breasts (less weight= less effect of gravity over time).

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Enjoy longer lasting results with internal breast suturing.

+2

In the past, breast lifts and breast reduction were primarily concerned with the resection of excess tissue and tightly closing the skin over the breast. However, the skin would invariably stretch out and the breast sag and lose much of its shape. Today's breast reduction and breast lift are very different. In our practice, we lift the skin of the breast off the underlying breast tissue. We then perform all the deep tissue work. We use suture techniques to create a pleasing breast shape. Lastly we redrape the skin over this new breast mound. In this fashion the shape and contour of your breast is not dependent on the overlying skin but on the deep tissue work that's been completed. This will provide a much longer lasting result.