How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?

What is the range in price for a full body lift, assuming insurance will not cover any part of the surgery?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Body Lift Costs

A "body lift" means different things to different people. The costs associated with massive weight loss procedures, or any surgery, are based on several factors which include: type of procedure or procedures, surgeon and facility fees. The first step is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon, preferably one who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, who you feel comfortable with and they will determine if you are a good candidate for body contouring surgery. Massive weight loss procedures can include lower body lift, abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, breast reduction, breast lift, thigh lift, or buttock lift. Surgeon and facility fees vary depending on location, type of facility and if you will need an overnight stay in the hospital or facility. These will also depend on your health and other factors as well, and are great questions to ask your surgeon at your consultation.

Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost of body lift

The term "body lift" means various procedures, all of which are part of body contouring after massive weight loss. In my practice this means a full abdominoplasty and buttock lift in a circumferential way, meaning with an incision that goes all the way around the body. This can be done all at once or in 2 stages. The cost is generally $16,000-$20,000 depending on multiple factors. It's best to be seen by a plastic surgeon as early as possible so that you know what to expect and are able to plan for both recovery and cost.

Orna Fisher, MD

Body Lift Cost, Connecticut

Depending on where you live, cost for body lift can be very different. Costs usually include. Operating room fee, Anesthesia fee, Doctors fee and a possible Overnight stay fee. This can range from $15,000-19,000. I hope this helps. 

All the Best,
Dr. Sofer

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Cost of total body lift

Thank you for your question. The cost of a total body lift will vary according to the geographical area in the country, the experience of the surgeon, and other factors as well. When considering having this type of surgery, you must be aware of the three fees that need to be paid in full: the surgical fee, the anesthesia fee, and the facility fee. I, as the owner of our own  ambulatory surgical facility, just give my patients the global or total fee for the surgery. With surgeons who choose to operate in hospitals or other surgical facilities, additional bills may come from these entities, so don't get caught by surprise. Also, it helps to shop around a bit, and visit a few surgeons to compare the prices, but make sure they are all certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Please read the blog post below to help clarify things a bit. 

How Much Does a Body Lift Cost?

This depends on the area that you live.  Larger cities likely charge a bit more than smaller cities.  In our practice the total cost approaches about 18K with OR and anesthesia fees and overnight stay.  I hope this helps! Good Luck!

COST OF BODY LIFT

The price of a body lift is different depending on which city you live in as well as the surgeon you choose.  Try not to choose a surgeon just because of his or her price for the procedure; cheaper is not always better in the long run.  Research for only board certified plastic surgeons in your area and review his or her before and after gallery.  Then schedule a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure as well as obtain a customized estimate for your individual needs.  My office currently has a special on body lift procedures.  Please call my office and speak to one of my patient care coordinators for more details.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

How much does a body lift cost?

Costs for a body lift will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$9000-25000 is not unreasonable. $9-11K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Body lift fees mirror the improvement

Body lift surgery is one of the most extensive procedures that board certified plastic surgeons perform. The procedure includes an abdominoplasty, buttock lift with possible augmentation,  contouring of the pubic region, flanks, and outer thighs.  This involves 6-8 hours in the operating room and should also include an overnight observation by trained personnel in a hospital or similar setting. Total fees for body lift procedures are often in the $16,000 range since so many people are involved. As always I suggest that you do not rely on price to choose your surgeon but rather look for extensive experience and knowledge of the intricacies of bodylift procedures.

Body lift costs

It depends on the procedures you are having performed. Frequently lower body lifts are combined with breast, arm or thigh procedures at the same procedure to decrease costs as well as lessen the need for additional time off from work to recover.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon