Juviderm injected in the high cheekbone, will it lift up the face?

for a high cheekbone effect will it act as a lifting of the face and help with marionette, jowel and under eye hollows as some suggest? I am afraid to get radisse due to all the issues i have seen. And i want to get the best result so if cheeks will improve marrionette, jowel and under eye area by acting as a lifting agent, then i will do it. I wonder if its ok to have a pa do the injection, she has been doingnjections for 8 years and that is all she does, but how can i be sure she is good?

#Juvederm #Voluma cheek augmentation

+2
If you're considering injectable cheek augmentation, Voluma is the best available option. This product has largely replaced Radiesse as it is easily moldable, looks natural and can be reversed if needed (this is rare). Voluma can definitely fill and lift the cheek and tends to improve the nasolabial fold and tear trough area. If you're looking for improvement in the lower face (jowl area, neck, marionette lines) I think you will certainly be disappointed. That is alot of real estate for a relatively small amount of cheek filler to lift and reposition. However, most people are very satisfied with results in the cheek, undereye and nasolabial fold.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to Lift the Face

+2
Yes, fillers can lift the cheeks, help the nasolabial and lateral comissural folds and improve the under-eye hollows. They will occasionally correct the marionette lines and jowls some. The main thing they do is improve the depression between the nasolabial fold and orbit and add volume to the cheek, restoring its normal youthful contour without making the face square which is what use of the products in the marionette and nasolabial folds and pre jowl does. There are several Juvederms on the market, but the one to use for this is Voluma. I have been doing this for quite a few years using Radiesse, which I find works as well as Voluma and is somewhat less expensive. Fat is also an excellent alternative. As far as who to have do this, make sure they have been doing this type of filling for some time and getting good results. Since Voluma launched several months ago, many people have started doing this. It is not as easy as it seems.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for the mid face, ask for Voluma XC

+2
We inject a lot of Voluma into the mid-face and it does lift this area, when injected properly.  When this occurs the eye area will look more youthful as well as, the nasiolabial folds.  I personally feel like this product last for two years and it should be injected by a trained physician.  if the product is injected too shallow, it looks awful and that becomes a waste of money.  Get a consult from a facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon to ensure that fillers will achieve your desires, you many need a facelift.  Good luck.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation with filler material

+2
Filler material in the cheek can help lift the face. Besides improving the cheek region, it may improve the upper nasolabial folds a bit as well.

Fillers

+2
Fillers do not lift the deep nasolabial fold, perioral wrinkles, or jowls. Fillers are not a substitute for a facelift.
People who do not know how to do a facelift try to use fillers because that is the simple, way to make money.
If you do not like the filler effect, it could prove to be extremely difficult to dissolve the filler and get back your normal look. Fillers use require thorough knowledge in t facial aging, anatomy and function.

Juvederm voluma for cheek augmentation

+2
Hi,
Voluma was designed specifically by Allergan for mid face augmentation.  Placed correctly, it does give a gentle lift of the face by elevating the cheekbones.  Another plus is that feels soft and natural.  On the off chance that you don't like it, it can be easily dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Warmly,
Dr.Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm injected to cheekbone.

+1
Voluma made by Juvederm is a fantastic product for cheeks and nasolabial folds. Enhancing cheeks can assist to lift the areas mentioned, although those areas may need treatment as well. It is hard to make an accurate judgement without a photo. An in person consult is best.

It's important to find an injector you are comfortable with, someone who will discuss treatment options.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

"Lifting" with fillers

+1
Thank you for the questions. This is a common scenario and warrants some detailed explanation. Injectable fillers can be used to change the volume of certain facial structures, thereby affecting the overall contour of the face.  Nothing is actually lifted, in the true sense. In the case of the cheeks, the volume that is added helps to fill out any loose or sagging skin in the midface, and draws the eye toward the natural bony highlights next to the eyes.  In my practice, I frequently use Radiesse for this. However, Voluma (made by the same people who make Juvederm), is a newer and, in some ways, preferable option.  This filler is placed similarly, along the bony below the skin and muscles of the face.  The advantage is that it is a bit more pliable and, in the event that you change your mind, can be dissolved with an enzyme.  The duration of effect is similar to Radiesse.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma

+1
Juvederm Voluma is very effective in lifting the cheeks, which does improve the appearance of the nasolabial folds and jowls.  Most patients however, will also require filling of these areas as well for a pleasing result.  You should have treatment with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm to Lift the face?

+1
Fillers are a great way to add volume back to areas of fat lose in the face. Radiesse can be a great way to add volume to the mid face and yes it can help to pull up the lower face and jowls depending on how many syringes you use. Typically it takes anywhere from 2-5 syringes. Voluma has also recently been approved for the mid face and is a great way to address facial volume lose. For under eye hollows in my opinion beloterro works well in the thin skin of this area. There are many different providers that are approved to inject fillers.To best assess whether she is the right fit for you you can ask to see if the provider has before and afters and check out her reviews online. You can also start slow with hyaluronic acid fillers that can be dissolved if you decide that you don't like them. Radiesse takes about a year to dissolve on it's own but you can also start slow with this and do one syringe which will cause minimal changes and see how you like it. 

Hope this was helpful!

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon