Will the Compression Garment Destroy my Newly Transplanted Graft to my Hips?

I'm going to have a BBL with Outer hips (I need a serious hourglass). Just wondering if the compression garment is going to apply too much pressure to the newly grafted fat cells and cause necrosis? I expect a percentage of reabsorption, but I'm now wondering should I cut a large hole on either side of the garment to expose the hips?

Specific Garments for Gluteal Sculpting (Brazilian Butt Lift)

+2

Compression garments can place pressure on grafts.  There are some garments that are especially made for gluteal sculpting that do not place pressure on the grafts.  Your PS will decide the appropriate garment for you.

Dr. ES

Hip Compression after Brazilian Buttlift

+2

In general, you are right in the sense that there is probably a compromise between compression to prevent fluid collections and this adversely affecting fat graft take.  There are modifications to the garment that can be made. In addition, there are compression garments that rest higher on the hips but still compress your abdomen, flanks, and back.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Compression garment.

+1

After surgery your Plastic surgeon will assign the right garment size for you, all surgeons manage different compression garment styles. He/She will assign the one that is more appropriate for your case and your fat graft.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon