9 Weeks Post Op, Will my Breast Implants Drop More? (photo)

I was a 34 A and I am now a 34 C. I got 450 CC saline implants in both breasts. I am 9 weeks post op and my breast implants have dropped since my surgery. I still think they are high. Is this progress normal? Will they continue to drop? Stretch marks have appeared about 2 weeks ago. Anything I can do to help with the stretch marks?

Three

+2
No matter the placement, your implants will drop after about three to four months. As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing, so you don't have to worry about not having "enough skin".  

Tissue expansion allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.

Stretchmarks can be minimized by leading a healthy lifestyle. This helps the skin become more resilient and supple. Once they develop, they are harder to get rid of, though. Seek the assistance of a medical aesthetician to help deal with stretch marks, but only after you've recovered fully. 

9 weeks after breast augmentation.

+2

No need to be concerned at this point.  Your implants will continue to drop over the next few months.  You should talk to your PS, but I would recommend breast massage exercises and possibly a breast band (bandeau). As others have stated there is no known treatment for the stretch marks.  Good luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Breast Implant Settling Process and Stretch Marks

+2

Hello. Do not worry about the positioning of your implants after only nine weeks. It will be at least 3 months before you can get an idea of the final results and 6-9 months before the implants completely settle. During the recovery period the implants will change dramatically. Unfortunately, stretch marks sometimes appear with the placement of large implants and cannot be reversed. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to consult your doctor.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Hello

+2

9 weeks post-surgery is still soon, you should be wearing a breast band to help the implants drop some more if that is what you want. This is very normal in breast augmentation surgeries. There is nothing that we know that can help stretch marks, sorry. Your implants will continue to drop if you help them. Ask you PS if he/she recommends a breast band and make sure you follow up closely and review your concerns with them.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9 Weeks Post Op, Will my Breast Implants Drop More?

+2

Continue massages and to me your results are very good. As for stretch marks can not really help with that

Breast implant position and stretch marks after breast implant

+2

Great questions.  I expect the implants to continue to drop a bit.  You should definitely talk to your surgeon, some of us recommend the use of a strap to encourage the implants to settle into a lower position.  The stretch mark issue is a little trickier.  Stretch marks are basically scars formed by rapid skin expansion.  You can't make them go away, but frequent massage can help them mature and look less obvious.  Talk to your surgeon for recommendations.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Breast Implants "Dropping" after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast  augmentation procedure. Yes, you can expect the breasts to continue change (as the breast implants “settle”) over the course of the next few months.  The appearance of the stretch marks will improve over the course of several months/year.  Unfortunately, I do not know of any definitive treatment to  expedite this improvement in appearance.

+2

I would expect your implants to continue to "drop" over the next month or so--the rate is different for each patient. Expect to see less upper pole fullness, more fullness in the lower portion of the breasts. Continue your post op massage, etc., as suggested by your surgeon. 

As far as stretch marks go, there is not much clearly known for successful treatment.   You might check with your surgeon before trying any remedy.

Thanks for the question, and the photos.