6 weeks post op normal for breasts to be firm and not dropping much?

I received 425L 475R silicone unders on sept 27 2013 and my breasts haven't changed that much. They have a little and swelling went down but they haven't dropped as much as others. My surgeon said I had a muscular chest and got a bigger size (starting with Acup) implant so it's normal to take a while to drop. Is this normal? I read all the time it takes some girls 3 -6 months until they drop so I hope I'm not abnormal. I'm just a little concerned because it want them to drop a lot n soften!

Post op appearance

+1
It is really too soon post-op to assess a final outcome. As hard as it is, please be patient and let the swelling resolve and the implants drop. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Post op instructions as breast augmentation

+1

Hello!!! After breast augmentation, I strongly believe that patients should do at least 10 therapuetic ultrasound sesions about 30 minutes each sesion. Then in about 2 - 3 weeks after surgery, I instruct my patients to massage their breasts so they will soften and drop into their position. The massage has to be done at least twice a day for 10 minutes each time. This will help soften the internal breast tissue and scar tissue. It is also very important to have regular checkups to see how the breasts are healing. This is Essential is soft breasts!!! Good luck!!1

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Patient needs to be patient for augmented breasts to soften and descend.

+1

As long as the surgery has been done well, the early firmness and elevation of the augmented breast will improve. It usually takes three months to see the descent and feel the softening. Your surgeon may or may not have you massage or displace the breasts, depending upon how they look and feel going forward.

John Cassel, MD

6 weeks post op and breast still firm

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

6 weeks is still in the very early stages of healing. What you have read is quite accurate, 3-6 months. Try to be patient and follow up closely with your plastic surgeon!

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

6 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

At 6 weeks post breast augmentation, it is a bit early and you should give the implants about 3-4 months to settle.

+1

It is difficult to offer specific advice without photos from before surgery and now. All the things your surgeon explained are correct.

Patience.

Drop

+1

Photos both pre and post op would be helpful but it frequently does not 3 months for implants to drop so be patient.

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon