How Many Weeks After a Body Lift Can You Exercise?

Are there certain areas of the body that are better to target and others to avoid when beginning an exercise routine again after a body lift?

Exercise after body lift

+1

I advise my body lift patients to avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks after surgery.  So no exercising for this time period.   You need to give time for your incisions and surgical sites to heal.   Hope this helps.  Dr. Basu

Exercise After Body Lift

+1

If all is going well and you feel up to it, after about two weeks, you should be able to begin walking but keep your heart rate low. Again your situation may differ from other people undergoing a body lift so consult with your plastic surgeon before starting any exercise.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Exercise After Body Lift

+1

In general, if all heals as it should, you can begin low impact , low pulse walking around week two. If you do not have excess swelling, strengthening and aerobic conditioning can begin at 6 weeks.I agree with Dr, Pousti that you should only accept your own surgeon's advice as your situation may differ quite a lot from other people undergoing a body lift. Lots of luck.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Exercise After Body Lift?

+1

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this is not a question that should be addressed in this forum. Every patient's  operation is different.   Every patient's postoperative course and/or complications are different.  Every surgeon's  routine is different. 

Please consult with your plastic surgeon for guidelines.