How Long After Lower Body Lift Can I Perform Heavy Exercise Without Compromising My Results?

I workout 4-5 times per week, usually running 3-4 miles per day or a kickboxing workout. If I have a full lower body lift will I be able to resume these type of workouts without ruining my results?

Lower Body Lifting and Kickboxing?

+1

Yes you will be able to resume strenuous exercise after lower body lifting. Realistically however it may be at least 8 weeks before you feel up to a kickboxing workout  and even then you will have to start slow and “listen to your body”.

Body Lift Recovery

+1

It would be my preference for you to wait five to six weeks after a body lift before resuming the strenuous exercise routine you have described. I would certainly want all your incisions to be well healed and no evidence of any fluid collections or seromas.

Richard Linderman, MD

Heavy exercise after a lower body lift

+1

Gentle exercise is reasonable after two to three weeks after a lower body lift when your incision line is well healed, and you are out of range for the development of a fluid collection or seroma. Heavy exercise or contact sports such as kick boxing may have to wait six weeks, and it is always best to resume any activity slowly when you have a period of down time.

peterejohnsonmd