Why Can't I Wear Under-wired Bras After Breast Augmentation?

i'm 2 weeks post op, 270cc saline implants (behind the muscle) with incisions beneath crease of bust. i've tried on an under-wired push up bra and experienced no pain, is it safe to wear these bras now? or will it affect the shape of my breasts? cause indentations?

I use underwire bras as the surgical "dressing"!

I've used underwire bras as part of the surgical dressing for over 20 years without any problems.  In other words, I purposely place the patient in an underwire immediately at the conclusion of the surgery- literally in the OR over the guaze dressing- and recommend this bra for 4 weeks. At that time the swelling has usually resolved and the patient can go bra shopping for the best fitting bras for her new shape.   In my opinion, the underwire helps define the inframammary crease and helps with the position of the implant.  The classical thinking of postponing their use has always puzzled me and I have never had an issue becaue of this.  To the contrary, rather than taping the skin or using a superior strap, the underwire handles these jobs very well.  

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon