Can I Still Wear False Lashes While Using Latisse?

Latisse and false eyelashes

+1

Yes, you can wear false eyelashes while using Latisse.  Just be careful to not pull out your own lashes while removing the false ones.  Watch for any irritation to the glue which can cause a rash.

Toronto Dermatologist

Wearing false eyelashes while using Latisse

+1

Yes, you CAN wear false eyelashes while using Latisse but you run the risk of pulling out the lashes when putting the false lashes on and off so I wouldn't recommend it.

Latisse and eye lash extensions

+1

Sure you can.  It takes 16 weeks to get your optimum lashes so in the mean time it is certainly OK for you to continue to use false eyelashes.  Be cautious however to not pull out the growing lashes otherwise you will compromise your Latisse results.  I have had a few patients use extensions and just trimmed them as needed as their lashes filled in.  

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse

+1

Latisse is usually quite effective in promoting eyelashes growth, so typically artificial eyelashes are really not necessary

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

False eyelashes

+1

Why would you want to. The process begins in about 4 weeks so, wait. However i don't think you will hurt yourself with false eye lashes in the mean time

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Wearing False Eyelashes While Using Latisse

+1

A very low percentage of patients using Latisse will experienced redness, irritation and itching of the upper eyelid which is reversible upon discontinuation. The irritation can sometimes lead to darkening of the skin on the upper eyelid where the Latisse has been applied. Wearing false eyelashes can make you more susceptible to this problem so they probably should be avoided as much as possible. Hopefully you will not need false eyelashes soon when the Latisse has had more time to work.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon