Is Weak Fascia/Stomach Muscle Cogenial? Or else What is Wrong with Me?

Hello I m a 27 female that have problem with my belly since childhood.. I wake up with flat belly, but while eating my belly would swell up, and by night I would look like 7 month pregnant.I am 55 kg and 170 cm. I went to a doctor and there were no allergy, no food intolerance, no lactose, no fructose and anything like celiac. I had koloskopi and the test was fine. my ct showed a fine test. Do you think a tummy tuck with fascia repair will help me?

+1

If you have fascial separation and loose skin, then a tummy tuck would produce an improvement in both aspects.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is Weak Fascia/Stomach Muscle Congenital? Or else What is Wrong with Me?

+1

Thanks for your questions. On reviewing the photos from a previous posting, it appears that you may have a diastasis recti (separation of the rectus muscles). An examining plastic surgeon could easily verify that. A tummy tuck and  muscle repair should improve this.

This condition usually follows pregnancy or weight loss, but can be congenital. One issue to consider if you think about surgery, is that this can recur after pregnancy, so it you are planning a family, you may want to wait until then. At least review the pros and cons.

All the best. 

Weak Fascia Congenital?

+1

It appears that you test results were designed to diagnose some type of Gastrointestinal malady. The CT scan of your abdomen would have mentioned a significant weakness in the abdominal wall if you had one.  Depending on the scan it possibly could have picked up a hernia. You neglected to mention any pregnancies? Pregnancy could have caused some generalized fascial weakness that could result in a bulge.  Pictures of your abdomen both in the AM and then in the PM will help us to help you.  Find a board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and have a good examination.  Good Luck

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon