I Am Wanting 550 or 600cc Breast Implants, is That Too Big for my Frame? (photos)

Re-post with photos: I am 33 years old, 5'6", 155lbs, small 36C....had 1 child, breast feed and lost volume. I had a consult and decided to do silicone implants subfascial. I told the Dr. I wanted to end up being a D to DD range....told me to do the rice test and start at 475cc and try a few up from there and bring in some photos of my end result. After doing the rice test and wearing around, I liked the look the 550cc gave me, help?

Choosing implants

+1

Choosing the right implants requires an exam and a discussion about your goals. Not knowing your measurements, skin elasticity ,etc. makes it difficult to advise you. It is best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Breast Implant Sizing, Part 2

+1

Thank you for your repost with included photographs.  It appears that your breast mound shape and nipple position is favorable, and a breast lift appears not as necessary as I had thought from your discription!

I will again caution you regarding subfascial placement of implants.  A few doctors representing a very small minority of surgeons perform this surgery.  Their claims that it is 'as good' as a partial retropectoral placement (under the muscle) have not been substantiated by any clinical study.  Intuitively, this fascia that they place the implant under is translucent and flimsy, and should not be able to offer the protection that the large pectoralis muscle can.  Claims that it is less painful have not been proven either.  If you are going to have your implants placed in this manner, you should assume that it will be identical in outcome and potential risks as a standard subglandular placement.  Risks to subglandular placement of implants that are greater than when placed under the muscle include capsular contracture, implant visibility, and visible rippling around the entire implant.

No surgeon can guarantee a bra cup size.  Bra sizing is not a standardized industry, and variabity is significant.  Techniques used by surgeons to size a patient for her aesthetic goal include photographs of models/celebrities, the rice test, or in office sizing with specialized bra and sizer imlants. You and your doctor will have to decide, not us. However, I do need to caution you  about implants in the range you are thinking about.  Results are less predictable, and complications are more frequent, especially when placed over the muscle.  As for your aesthetic goal, you are the master of your vision, but these large implants will make you look heavier, and I am certain that would be an unwanted outcome for you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size to Achieve Goals?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

Again, the preoperative communication new goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.

I Am Wanting 550 or 600cc Breast Implants, is That Too Big for my Frame?

+1

Well, you are the only one that can answer if you are looking for your breasts to be this large.  550-600cc implants are quite large, and I would predict that these implants would make you larger than a D-to-DD cup size.  You could buy a DD cup bra and see what volume of rice fills up the cup.  Also, keep in mind that larger and therefore heavier implants may cause more problems over time in terms of tissue stretching and thinning. 

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Rice test breasts

+1

Implants of the size you indicated will leave you larger than a DD.  If you want this significant increase in both size and weight, it certainly can be done.  Be sure ahead of time that this is what you really want.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

550-600 breast implants will give bigger breasts than you want, probably

+1

That range of implants added to you existing breast size, based on your stated height, weight and your photos, would likely give you DD-E breasts. Most people I see in that range want a reduction. Think long and hard before you do this. 

James E. Chappell, MD