What Bra Size Do You Think I Will End Up With After 285cc?

I had my breast augmentation surgery a week ago, my doctor went with 285cc implants under the muscle. I am 5´1 90lbs and BWD of 11cm. Previously I was a 32A. I am looking to be a full B cup. What size do you think I will end up with? I am afraid I might end with a cup size bigger than a B. I am too thin, it won´t look natural on me.

Bra size

+2
Breast size baised on what bra you will is tremendously variable. As you probably already know you can go to three different department stores and easily fit three different bra sizes. Victorias secret is that her bras run small so you buy a larger size and feel better, good trick huh? In your case it's hard to say. 285 is a very conservative implant size but you are also very small. I'd say full B in some bras and small C in others. Give your body 6-9 months to get used to the implants and time for them to settle and I'll bet you end up super happy. Take care, Dr K

Bra size after augmentation

+2

The same size implant will have different results on various patients depending on their frame.  You will have a better idea in a few weeks, once the swelling has resolved.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Cup size after 285 cc implants

+2

It is a bit late to ask that question. You  may get into a "C" cup but that is jsut a guess. You will have to wait a few weeks to months for the swelling to go down and then you can get sized in a store.

Bra size after breast augmentation

+2

It can be difficult to predict a bra size after a breast augmentation, and that is why we focus on the 'look' after breast implants rather than a particular cup size. The correct size bra will an exercise in trial and error, though if you like the look you have after your procedure, and you should, buy the bra which flatters your figure and taste, and if the number on the tag is the 'wrong' cup size, cut out the tag.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Bra Size

+2

Do you mean in a bra from Victoria's Secret? Or from Macy's? Or from Nordstrom? They are all different. Bra size is of no meaning and even the manufacturers can't agree on what a specific sup size is.  The only thing that matters is that you are happy with the final look. You will know in 6-12 weeks what your final look is and if you are happy, so be it. If not, be sure and discuss it with your doctor.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Resulting Bra Size After Breast Augmentation?

+2

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between cc# and final bra size.  Commuination of your goals will be critical to the success of the surgery. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Goal of moving from A to B Cup

+1
There is not a direct correlation between breast implant size and cup size as the cup size varies greatly among companies and even within the same company. Moreover, cup size can vary based on who is performing the measurement.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

The choice of 285 cc implants under the muscle is a reasonable recommendation. It is too early to assess the results. Allow yourself time to heal which may take 6 months. At that time, you and your surgeon can assess if your result met your goals and expectations.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS