I Want my Chin a Lil Bit Long. So if There is Any Exercise or Anything else for my Chin So Please Tell Me?

i want my chin a lil bit long. because of not short chin my face is short so i want my chin long. help me

Making chin longer

+1

There is no exercise that will make the chin longer.  To lengthen the chin, a silicone chin implant is inserted through a small submental incision and placed directly over the bone.  This gives a bony augmentation to the chin area, by adding projection, width and length.  This can be done under a local anesthesia and is an easier option than having mandibular osteotomies.

Improving the appearance of the chin

+1

Unfortunately, there are no exercises that can help improve a receding chin. This is something that would need to be surgically corrected. Without seeing a side profile shot or performing an exam, it's difficult to give you precise advice on how you may improve the appearance of your chin. If the issue is not with your mandible, (which would require a maxillofacial surgeon to correct) then a chin augmentation can yield a fantastic result I think you would really like. Chin implants have an extremely high rate of satisfaction, and can really balance and enhance the appearance of your profile when performed correctly. In my office, we use computer imaging software. This is a great option to give the patient an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear, and allows the patient to critique the potential result and provide feedback that helps the surgeon determine how he or she may best suit the patient's needs. I'd be more than happy to answer any additional questions you have, please feel free to ask! Thanks and good luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Lengthen the chin

+1

You likely have what's called a Class II dental malocclusion where the lower jaw is small and retruded relative to the upper jaw.  Ideally, you would have the jaw lengthened with surgery (mandibular advancement), but this requires, in most cases, orthodontic therapy.  Acceptable compromise procedures include placement of a small chin implant (be extremely careful with this---because of the bony weekness, your chin is short and there is deepening above the chin pad, so too large of an implant can further accentuate this deformity).  An alternative, and one that I favor, is what is called a "lengthening genioplasty", when the chin bone is cut, moved slightly forward and downward to actually make this area longer.  It has the secondary benefit of softening the crease of above the chin pad to create a natural appearing, longer and stronger/more masculine chin.

Good luck to you!

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Augmentation

+1

There are unfortunately no exercises that will change or lengthen your chin. A weak chin is the result of a relatively small mandible or sometimes can indicate occlusion problems with your teeth. If you do have a problem with your occlusion, then it is possible your would need orthodontic correction or even a larger surgery that involves cutting the mandible. If you do not have a problem with your occlusion, then a chin implant, most commonly performed with a small incision under the chin, if the best option.

Harry Mittelman, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon