How Long Do I Need to Wait Between Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck Surgeries?

I am having breast reduction surgery on June 1st and would like to know how soon I can go back for a tummy tuck? And after my breast reduction surgery how long do I have to wait to get on a stairmaster? Thanks so much!!!

Breast Reduction followed by Tummy Tuck?

+2

I would suggest waiting at least 3 months in between the 2 procedures.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction and tummy tuck

+2

WHy not have both surgeries done at the same time?  But if you are staging them, I would probably wait about 3-4 months minimum.

Breast reduction and tummy tuck staging.

+2

Technically you could do both a breast reduciton and tummy tuck at the same operative date. Alternatively, if you choose to stage the procedures, I know of some surgeons that will do it as soon as the next day. However, my guess is that most surgeons would stage this by 3-4 months.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/

Tummy Tuck and Breast Surgery can be done concurrently

+2

Hi there-

I usually perform tummy tucks and breast procedures concurrently, and believe that for healthy patients the advantages far outweigh the risks, provided the surgeon can complete the procedure in a reasonable period of time (less than 5 hours). If not, then yes, do them separately.

As far as the interval between procedures, this would depend heavily on your individual recovery and your surgeon's preferences and techniques- but generally speaking, you could probably proceed with the second procedure after about 3-6 weeks.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

How to time two surgeries

+2

When a patient is trying to plan more than one surgical procedure the question always comes up as to how much time to allow in between the operations.  In general we would like patients to be back to their normal state of helath before proceeding on with the second surgery.  For some patients this might be three months for others they may decide to wait six monthe or longer in between stages. 

Breast reduction with tummy tuck

+2

I often do breast reductions and tummy tucks together- a type of "mommy makeover."  This consolidates the recovery time and may be less expensive than separate procedures, especially if insurance is covering the breast reduction.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.  If you opt to stage these procedures, I recommend waiting at least 3 months so you are in good metabolic shape for the second operation.  You should also discuss with your surgeon his or her guidelines for how you will gradually return to your exercise regimen.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Should you combine a tummy tuck with a breast reduction.

+2

This is a good question that should be discussed with your surgeon. There are pro's and con's to each approach and depends on several factors. Generally, in low risk patients who are younger and in good health, then it is acceptable to combine these surgeries. However, as the operating time increases, so does the risk of complications, such as deep venous thrombosis.  The decision also depends on surgeon factors. Some surgeons can do these two surgeries in under 3-4 hours, while some others may need 6 hours or more.  These reasons are why no surgeon on this forum can completely answer this question for you.

Both procedures/One surgery is okay

+2

I would generally recommend that these operations be done at the same time.  Therefore you have one recovery period.  Your surgeon will direct you when exercise is appropriate after surgery.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Wait between breast reduction and tummy tuck

+2

A Minimum of 3 weeks, if blood tests are within normal limits (hemoglobin and hematocrit). Why not have done both at same time?  

From MIAMI Dr. B

Why wait? do tummy tuck and breast reduction at the same time

+2

For most patients there are no compelling reasons to separate the two procedures, providing that your surgeon feels they can be safely done the same day within a reasonable amount of time. Doing them together saves money and down time for recovery, so you would be able to get back to exercise sooner.