Tamoxafen to Reduce Breast Size?

to my understanding, Tamoxafen will reduce breast density and tissue, ultimately reducing breast size. Is that a misrepresentation?

Breast Reduction and Tamoxifen?

+1

Although it would make sense,  Tamoxifen  is not used for breast reduction per say.  Surgical reduction of breast tissue remains  the gold standard.

Tamoxifen and breast size

+1

Tamoxifen is only used for breast cancer patients as therapy. It is not used for reduction of breast size.

Tamoxifen is NOT indicated for reducing breast Size

+1

There is a seductive simplicity in assuming that if estrogen receptors are blocked breast growth will stop and regress. Although such medications are used in the treatment and prevention of breast cancer they are NOT FDA approved for the indication you discussed. Moreover, the use of such drugs may cause a chemical induced menopause due to the loss or reduction of estrogen effects on other organs resulting in many undesired side effects. In my opinion, a surgical procedure would accomplish the goal of smaller breasts much more neatly than the premature onset of menopause due to the use of these drugs.

Tamoxifen to reduce breast size

+1

Congratulations! This is one of the most inciteful questions that  I've seen on this site. Tamoxifen and other drugs like Aromasin can effect and inhibit breast growth IF the cells are sensitive to estrogen.

It is a major adjunct in postmastectomy  therapy,but to to my knowledge using it to suppress breast tissue in non cancer pts. is "off label". we also have come to undesstand that  fat cells producee estrogen and men who are overweight often have large breasts(gynecomastia). When I perform surgery on these patients I recommend these drugs as an adjuvent  therapy and it has been effective in controlling reoccurences

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon