Is Venus Freeze As Effective As Facial Fillers for Volume in Nasal Folds, Eye Area Etc?

I am 44 and have had some injectable fillers. I am booked for 6 face and neck sessions and was wondering if the Venus Freeze is effective at creating collegen and adding volume to the cheeks. I am trying this instead of injections and am hoping to have a fuller tighter face neck and eye area.

Venus treatments are not at all intended to add volume to the treated areas

+1
The Venus treatments are not at all intended to add volume to the treated areas. This device is a radio frequency machine that heats up the tissue and causes the collagen under the skin to reform. The result of this is that the skin contracts and becomes tighter over a series of consecutive treatments. Along with tightening the skin- a fat reduction process may take place if the temperatures are consistently hot enough, so you may actually be losing volume in the face- not adding it. Be sure to discuss your goals with your technician so they know if you want tightening alone or added fat loss.

Mercer Island Dermatologist

Best Venus Freeze Treatment

+1
Hi Sal,

Venus Freeze is an excellent radio frequency and radio magnetic device that tightens skin anywhere on the body.  The newest device, Venus Freeze Legacy, adds suction to allow better treatment of fat and cellulite as well.  Venus Freeze heats the skin, feels like a warm stone massage, the heat causes collagen formation and subsequent skin tightening.  We use Venus Freeze everywhere on the body except on the face where we use Ulthera to tighten and lift the skin and underlying tissues.  Venus Freeze is best applied to loose skin of the abdomen in woman after childbirth, arms, thighs, necks, and other areas of loose skin.

Venus Freeze is not effective at adding volume to the cheeks and face.  In fact there have been a few reported cases of fat volume loss from the use of other radio frequency devices on the face.  You may have a tighter face, but not a fuller face.  The best treatment for facial fullness is Voluma and Sculptra for a natural rejuvenated appearance.  As with any facial aesthetic treatment, it is essential that you choose your treating physician based on their artistic vision, experience, skill, and caring nature to insure your best possible aesthetic outcome in the safest manner.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Does Venus Freeze create volume like facial fillers?

+1

Venus Freeze does not create volume. It has no ability to plump areas. It can tighten by inducing targeted radio frequency, which leads to smoothing and tightening, but it does not create volume. If your face has volume loss, this is not what you want to do to create volume and add collagen. That is not what it is intended for and though I think you will like some of the lifting, smoothing, and tightening, it sounds like you will be disappointed if you are looking for a fuller face.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Venus Freeze will have no volumizing effect

+1

Venus Freeze is primarily radio frequency which is used to induce enough heat response to tighten existing collagen. It will not increase volume.

There are only a few systems that are clinically effective at tightening facial skin and I'm afraid if you expect volumizing, you will be completely disappointed.

If you are after volume, then your only options are fillers or fat transfer (or weight gain :) ).

All procedures designed to shrink body areas or tighten skin do so with heat. There is often what is referred to as collagen remodeling which tightens the collagen you already have.

Enough heat will signal to your body that an injury has occurred (all medically designed heat treatments induce controlled injury to create a desired response). This in turn stimulates collagen production, but not in terms of creating anything resembling the volume you would get from fillers.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist