Venus Freeze Technology MP2 Treatment - Has Anyone Ever Tried? Good, Bad?

Hi, I'm in Canada and saw a deal to have 7 treatments for circumferential reduction/cellulite reduction/skin tightening using this Venus Freeze technology for $199. It seems that this is not a common procedure. Has anyone every tried it? Does it offer any risks? Are there any good results?

Cellulaze for long lasting cellulite treatment

+1

That sounds too good to be true, because it more tha likely is.  I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest Venus Freeze Technology as a treatment option. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend

There is no cure for cellulite

+1

I completely agree with Dr. Shelton. Every few months, there is a new company with a new machine (usually repackaged old technology) that claim to be the "definitive" treatment for Cellulite. Historically, none have here with stood the test of time. I advise consumers to exercise their best judgement and approach all claims for treatment of cellulite with a healthy dose of skepticism. I believe you can temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite but there is no evidence that anyone has discovered a cure for cellulite.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment no great results

+1

Regardless of what new technology you read about, ask yourself why there are so many new treatments for cellulite over time.  Probably, because none of the previously acclaimed treatments work well for long term results.  With most treatments that try to offer some months of benefit, some patients will derive benefit, and others won't.  Velashape and Endermologie given as maintenance treatment sessions can continue to provide some improvement in appearance.  thermage may or may not provide somewhat a long term improvement after a treatment.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/thermage/index.html