Is it possible to take valium or xanax everyday 2 weeks before my face surgery?

I am beyond TERRIFIED and will need something to go through with it.It is a 3 and a half to 4 hours procedure; I'm having a nose job, also work on the forehead, brows…

Valium or Xanax

+1
Some surgeons will prescribe these sedatives to alleviate preoperative anxiety. Please consult and trust your surgeon and tell the nurses, surgeon, and anesthesiologist all medications that your are taking prior to surgery.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Xanax and valium fine before surgery

+1
First and foremost get the okay from your surgeon however I have no problem with patients taking xanax or valium prior to a procedure. Neither of these medications are contraindications for bleeding. You should let you anesthesiologist know what you are taking prior to surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD