How Much Does Fat Injection Cost?

How much do fat injections typically cost for face treatments?

How much does fat grafting cost?

+10
Treatment of facial aging changes with fat grafting must  be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires.  I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.
Therefore, the price of a facial fat grafting will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.
Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Cost in the FACE

+7

The cost of fat transfer to the face varies on the amount that is harvested and transfered.

• 5 ml - $1500
  • 10 ml - $2000
  • 20 ml - $3000

These prices vary based on the local market, but can be used as a guide.  What is equally important to realize is how cost effective fat transfer is.  Compare using fat transfer to fill in the cheek folds (nasolabial folds):

Radiesse-about $800 per syringe and 2 syringes are needed per treatment = $1600 per treatment, which only lasts 1-2 years (*at most). 

Fat transfer 10 ml-$2000 for one procedure.  Around the mouth, I tell people that about 50% will survive the transfer process, so I overinject just a bit.  Theorhetically, this lasts forever.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Fat Grafting

+3

Fat grafting cost varies based on how many facial areas are treated. Some patients prefer to have anesthesia so this will also add to the total cost. Where the surgery is performed will also dictate cost.

1. Location: only eyes, price begins at 2000 vs. full face around 4000. Buttock or breast fat grafting can cost 5 to 6,000.

2. Anesthesia: can add about 1000 to the cost.

3. Where surgery is performed. Some surgeons will use a non certified procedure room or exam room. Although there is often a very low fee for use of the exam room and supplies, the added complication risk out weighs the benefits of cost savings. We perform our procedures in a Joint Commission Certified in office surgical suite for added safety. Cost for use of our facility is about 1000 to 1500. Some surgeons perform these surgeries in hospitals where facility fees are much higher, often 3,000 and up.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Facial Fat Injections

+2

The cost for fat grafting to the face varies. If it is done in conjunction with other facial surgical procedures it would cost less as my practice would discount it. As the sole procedure, facial fat transfer cost would run between $2500-$3000 depending on the number of areas and relative amounts/operating time required.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Fat Transfer Cost

+2

Fat transfer (fat grafting/injections) is one of the most technically and artistically challenging procedures in facial rejuvenation.  It is also one of the most rewarding if done well.  The results will leave the face fresh looking, healthy, and fundamentally naturally rejuvenated.  In order to get it right, the surgeon needs to make sure the fat grafts are living by the time they harvest them and isolate them.  Next, the way it is injected will also determine if the grafts will take a permanent residence in the injected area.  These aspects are technical and if anything is done incorrectly here the grafts won't make it. This is the technical aspect of the procedure.  The artistic part comes from making sure things look natural and enhanced in the correct way.  As a result of the demanding nature of the procedure, the cost will vary with a trend toward great expense to have a surgeon with a proven long-term track record.  Cost will also vary based on areas treated.  For example, the cost of injecting fat under the eyes only is less expensive than injecting it throughout the whole face. One word of advice... when it comes to fat transfer DO NOT price shop.  Since the results are permanent, if it is not done right, the consequences can be very difficult to correct. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Naturalfill fat transfer

+2

The cost of fat transfer does not necessarily have to be that much, but this all depends on where you go, how many areas are treated, and most importantly, the technique used by the doctor treating you. I just demonstrated my Naturalfill procedure on Dr. Oz last week, where I use the Aqualipo procedure to flush out intact fat cells without any general anesthesia or any need to 'process' the fat. My patients can have facial fat transfer performed for $2500, because our techniques do not require excessive time/anesthesia costs. Hope this helps.

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat grafting cost depends on the location- face, body, breast, or buttock

+2

the cost of fat trasfer or grafting varies depending on the location of the grafting and the number of the areas that need to be liposuctioned in order to harvest adequet fat. it also depends on adjunct procedures that are performed at the same time.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Cost of fat injections

+2

Fat injections may range from limited quantities with volumes of 1-2cc (lip enlargement, eyelid augmentation) up to 1000-2000cc (buttock or breast enhancement)

The quantity on fat injected is a factor in whether the procedure is performed in the office or in a day surgery center or even the hospital setting.

Anesthetic techniques include local or general anesthesia.

Given these considerations, costs can run anywhere from $1500 up to $15,0000 or more.

Generally, fat injections if successful, and they may require more than one session, will tend to last longer than temporary fillers. In this regard, they may save you money over the long term. However, this is a surgical procedure and does generally carry more risk.

Fat Transfer Price

+1
The price for a fat transfer depends on several factors and varies from one practice to another. There is a big difference if you are injecting 40cc in the face or 6cc in the lips compared to 1600cc of fat for a buttock augmentation. Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs which obviously increase the cost compared fat grafting of the lips. Many practices have some type of assistance to help with financing the procedures such as care credit.

With that said I would tell you that when it comes to your body, I would not choose your surgeon by who is the cheapest. It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.

Unfortunately here in Miami many patients try to save money by having their procedure performed by non-plastic surgeons and at facilities that have not been accredited and often have problems.

How much does fat injection cost?

+1
Costs for a fat injection will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, number and location of areas, etc.).   A range in price ~$1500-4000/area is not unreasonable.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD