How Much Does Fat Injection Cost?

How much do fat injections typically cost for face treatments?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Fat Transfer Cost in the FACE

The cost of fat transfer to the face varies on the amount that is harvested and transfered.

• 5 ml - $1500
  • 10 ml - $2000
  • 20 ml - $3000

These prices vary based on the local market, but can be used as a guide.  What is equally important to realize is how cost effective fat transfer is.  Compare using fat transfer to fill in the cheek folds (nasolabial folds):

Radiesse-about $800 per syringe and 2 syringes are needed per treatment = $1600 per treatment, which only lasts 1-2 years (*at most). 

Fat transfer 10 ml-$2000 for one procedure.  Around the mouth, I tell people that about 50% will survive the transfer process, so I overinject just a bit.  Theorhetically, this lasts forever.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Cost

Fat transfer (fat grafting/injections) is one of the most technically and artistically challenging procedures in facial rejuvenation.  It is also one of the most rewarding if done well.  The results will leave the face fresh looking, healthy, and fundamentally naturally rejuvenated.  In order to get it right, the surgeon needs to make sure the fat grafts are living by the time they harvest them and isolate them.  Next, the way it is injected will also determine if the grafts will take a permanent residence in the injected area.  These aspects are technical and if anything is done incorrectly here the grafts won't make it. This is the technical aspect of the procedure.  The artistic part comes from making sure things look natural and enhanced in the correct way.  As a result of the demanding nature of the procedure, the cost will vary with a trend toward great expense to have a surgeon with a proven long-term track record.  Cost will also vary based on areas treated.  For example, the cost of injecting fat under the eyes only is less expensive than injecting it throughout the whole face. One word of advice... when it comes to fat transfer DO NOT price shop.  Since the results are permanent, if it is not done right, the consequences can be very difficult to correct. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Fat Grafting

Fat grafting cost varies based on how many facial areas are treated. Some patients prefer to have anesthesia so this will also add to the total cost. Where the surgery is performed will also dictate cost.

1. Location: only eyes, price begins at 2000 vs. full face around 4000. Buttock or breast fat grafting can cost 5 to 6,000.

2. Anesthesia: can add about 1000 to the cost.

3. Where surgery is performed. Some surgeons will use a non certified procedure room or exam room. Although there is often a very low fee for use of the exam room and supplies, the added complication risk out weighs the benefits of cost savings. We perform our procedures in a Joint Commission Certified in office surgical suite for added safety. Cost for use of our facility is about 1000 to 1500. Some surgeons perform these surgeries in hospitals where facility fees are much higher, often 3,000 and up.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Facial Fat Injections

The cost for fat grafting to the face varies. If it is done in conjunction with other facial surgical procedures it would cost less as my practice would discount it. As the sole procedure, facial fat transfer cost would run between $2500-$3000 depending on the number of areas and relative amounts/operating time required.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Naturalfill fat transfer

The cost of fat transfer does not necessarily have to be that much, but this all depends on where you go, how many areas are treated, and most importantly, the technique used by the doctor treating you. I just demonstrated my Naturalfill procedure on Dr. Oz last week, where I use the Aqualipo procedure to flush out intact fat cells without any general anesthesia or any need to 'process' the fat. My patients can have facial fat transfer performed for $2500, because our techniques do not require excessive time/anesthesia costs. Hope this helps.

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer cost

I have been performing this procedure as I was trained in Brazil where it was pioneered.  The cost all inclusive for complete buttock is $4800.  For smaller areas is $1500

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Costs Vary Widely

Fat grafting or fat injections vary widely in cost depending on surgeon, region of the country, and the size of the area being treated. Some are charging $20,000 to $30,000 for treatment of the full face, but in general regional fat transfers into the perioral area, for instance, are usually in the range of $1,500 to $2,500. However the price varies widely. The results also vary, depending on technique and experience. Thanks for your question!

Cost of Fat Transfer

In a nutshell, it depends on what you do.  If fat is injected throughout the face, this can be more expensive that simply injecting it in one area of the face such as the eyes or nasolabial folds.  The success of fat transfer depends on the technique of harvest, the purification of fat cells/stem cells and the technique of re-injection.  Fat that is simply removed and re-injected without purification treatment usually does not last.  The method of purification and the extra time to perform the purification, adds some cost to the procedure.  Other factors which can raise cost include the use of anesthesia or sedative.  You want to find a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in these techniques.  Best of luck to you!  Dr. Pacella

How much does fat injection cost?

Costs for a fat injection will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, number and location of areas, etc.).   A range in price ~$1500-4000/area is not unreasonable.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD