Removing Fat Injections Under Eyes?

I got them under my eyes 4 mo ago. They were lumpy and mismatched and still are. 3 mo ago my Dr. both injected hyaluronidase and tried to needle aspirate one side. Now I also still have a bruise that looks like a tear-drop tattoo.

I still have noticeable grooves above and below the injected fat. I look 10 years older. Nobody should ever have this done. Is it possible to remove this, if so how?

Fat transfer to the lids

+1

Fat transfer to the lower lids can be very difficult and the problem that you have is not uncommon. Hyaluronidase will not work on this tissue. Sometimes it can be crushed to break up the fat, and sometimes it may need to be excised.

Fat transfer to the lids

+1

What you should have said "Nobody should do it " BY A NON-EXPERIENCED SURGEON.

Hyaluronidase does not dissolve fat.

The lumpiness can be removed but is very difficult because we do not know exactly where your surgeon injected the fat and the lumps of fat in embeded in the surrounding tissue. You will need an experienced surgeon.

Lumpy fat

+1

Although things haven't changed much over your recovery, 4 months is still early in your healing. Aspiration is a good first start in trying to resolve this complicated problem.
In this early period the contours may be camouflaged with hyaluronic acid fillers such as restylane. This will potentially improve the appearance of the area and allow further healing with possible further resorption of the fat.
I would wait for 6 months to 1 year before proceeding with a surgical intervention to remove and recontour the lower lid fat.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections under the eyes

+1

Fat injection under the eyes is a great treatment if done for the right reasons and with the right technique. Hyaluronidase and aspiration is unlikely to help with lumps although it is good to try conservative techniques first. I would recommend injecting Kenelog into the areas of fatty excess and giving that 6 weeks or so. If that still doesn't work then the fat may resolve in 9 months to a year. Other than that the only solution is to remove the fat nodules with direct surgical excision.

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon