Can my Waist Look Smaller Through Lipo for an Hourglass Shape? What Determines if It is Possible? (photo)

I'm 5'7 and weigh 155 lbs and my middle is quite square shaped, and my waist is not very defined. My torso is quite long and my waist is 29 inches and hips 39. I wanted to know if its possible through lipo or any surgical method to obtain a more hourglass shape meaning narrow waist leading to bigger hips. The perceived difference between my waist and and iliac crest is small even which is why I was wondering if the waist shape of for instance Kim Kardashian is possible given my shape. Thank you

Hourglass figure

+2

In your posted photos the fat layer does not appear that thick therefore most of the contour you are seeing is the bones and the way the muscles drape over the bones. I doubt whether thinning the fat layer any further will give you a significant change in the contour. I have seen improved hour glass shapes in patients with suture tightening of the muscles in abdominoplasty but your current condition does not warrant that surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Hour glass figures can be made with liposuction

+2

Liposuction can and often gives patients that hour glass figure that many desire. Your doc during your consultation will be able to tell you once he/she examines the areas. From the photos you look like a great candidate for lipo to improve your waist. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Waist Smaller and Hips Larger

+1

The waist can be made smaller with liposuction, and the hips can be fat grafted to give a rather significant change in waist to hip ratio. Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat grafting procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction and hour glass shape

+1

Liposuction, when it includes abdomen and waist line can have a dramatic effect on your figure. the amount of waist reduction depends on the amount of fat that can be removed. If you can pinch at least 1 to 2 inches of fat below the skin then you will have a good result. After liposuction you should be pinching less than an inch. If your expectations are realistic then you will be happy with the result

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Using liposuction to get a smaller waist

+1

Whether or not liposuction can help give you a smaller waist (better waist to hip ratio) depends on how much fat you have on your waist to remove.  You look fit and trim from your pictures, but you may have enough to give you some improvement.  Your doctor would be able to tell during a consultation.  It probably wouldn't be enough, though, to give you a very tiny waist.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon