Extreme Swelling After Liposuction?

hi i got my lipo done 10 days back on m hips,thighs & calfs I was quite happy with the result post op.But with every passing day my swelling is increasing & so is my weight.I'm really confused whats going on it seems all inches lost r coming back slowly I'm really worried.I lost 5kg & almost 9 inches(total) post lipo.i'm wearing my compression garment regularly & today i've started massage also but swelling is beyond imagination my foot look double the size.pls advise what shud i do

Extreme Swelling 10 Days after Liposuction

+1

Any concerns of abnormal swelling need to be investigated by your plastic surgeon.  Although this may be normal postoperative swelling, this may represent a fluid collection that needs to be drained or something else.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Swelling after liposuction is quite normal and you may notice sweling for several months.  What is too much swelling? Well that is why it is best to follow closely with your surgeon to make sure things are healing well.

Swelling post liposuction

+1

You need to contact the operating surgeon pronto! You need to be evaluated for possible fluid collection, infection, blood clot. Your recovery is not what is typical after liposuction, and your surgeon knows your medical and surgical issues the best.

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/body-surgery-baltimore/liposuction/

Swelling after liposuction

+1

You might consider wearing compression stockings that extend to your feet along with you compression garment.  Most garments are above or below the knee, and can actually cause swelling below that point.  The more activity you have, the more you will swell, but as long as you are wearing the correct compression garment, you should be okay.